IGNORED

Are we doing something right with covid?

Lanterne Rouge

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

With all the games being called off we seem to be one of a very few clubs who haven`t had to request a postponement due to problems at the club.

Are we doing things better than others or just not playing the system?

Reflection of the fact so many of our squad etc have been vaccinated? 

• Like 3

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

With all the games being called off we seem to be one of a very few clubs who haven`t had to request a postponement due to problems at the club.

Are we doing things better than others or just not playing the system?

Thinking about it, does anyone know if it is the same handful of clubs suffering or more widespread? 

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

Reflection of the fact so many of our squad etc have been vaccinated? 

As I’ve sadly found over Xmas being fully jabbed and boosted doesn’t stop you getting it (and passing it on). However given the higher reluctance of footballers (25%) ish and younger people in generalto not get vaccinated, I’m just pleased that as a club we have a high rate. After all, it’s mostly about protecting the vulnerable.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Pretty sure the club took all the players to get their boosters in one go back in December. We definitely seem to have our house in order and that has no doubt been helped by having a manager who knows full well how bad the virus is.

Yes they did, turned up on team bus at brockway medical centre in Nailsea.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Pretty sure the club took all the players to get their boosters in one go back in December. We definitely seem to have our house in order and that has no doubt been helped by having a manager who knows full well how bad the virus is.

Not sure it was ALL the players.

3 hours ago, steveybadger said:

As I’ve sadly found over Xmas being fully jabbed and boosted doesn’t stop you getting it (and passing it on). However given the higher reluctance of footballers (25%) ish and younger people in generalto not get vaccinated, I’m just pleased that as a club we have a high rate. After all, it’s mostly about protecting the vulnerable.

Does sound like being fully vaccinated has at least helped you, what would you say? were you badly affected it sounds not.

Vaccinated the players are Good to avoid it. NPs illness sure made an impact and the Club Take it seriously. The virus is all around the world and we have to accept it. In a years time Most people are vaccinated and maybe then the illness wont be so bad. Here in Sweden Most every person over 60 years have had a third jab. Really hope we can come over next season and watch games live.

9 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Remember how much people were criticising first time round when we had an outbreak 

well at least Pearson isn’t likely to go do a meet and great in a packed pub ignoring social distancing measures

I don’t think the timescales matched up to our outbreak but it still wasn’t a good look and probably an indication of what the measures might have been like at the time.

”if the gaffer can break rules why can’t we”

I think the club have managed COVID very well and long may it continue ?

There are definitely some clubs playing games with it though and getting matches cancelled for reasons more than just COVID (e.g our friends north of the river)…..just hope that fixture backlog impact their performances when they have to catch-up on cancelled games

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

The virus or 3 points, we can't pick up either....

Seriously though, I wonder how many of our players have young kids and if it's less than a lot of other clubs, meaning their wider social group us smaller.

Maybe our players were given the Anti-Win jab to stop the Three-Point Variant.