IGNORED

Millwall at home match day thread

1 minute ago, Padlad said:

Hoping for a good performance and result. I'm happy playing the youth as long as we survive the season. if we can get 5-6 academy players with 15-20 games under their belt makes us much stronger next year.

Teams dont survive in this division playing that many academy players! Whilst it may look great to some, i really cannot see us surviving with that lineup. Hoping to be proven extremely wrong of course!

• Like 6

Every game at the moment is fun trying to read Pearson's mind with these starting 11's!

You can ask why a few aren't playing - could be illness, injury, transfer interest, disciplinary, form. Who knows.

But it does seem clear with NP, if you train hard and well and earn it, any player, young or old or experienced or not, can and will be selected.

I guess this is what they mean when they talk about Pearson and his 'culture' - maintain the standards, you play. Don't, you get dropped whoever you are. 

I like that a lot. 

COYR'S!!!!!

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 5
20 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Last season, when we played the kids, it was through necessity. Now it’s through choice - whether that’s because they’ve improved or because others have lost form. To me, that’s a huge positive.

Last season gave Nige to opportunity to get an early look and set the strategy.

11 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

sky red button, perfect . Looking forward to see how the Bristol Babes get on today . 

Pearson’s Pups!

12 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Teams dont survive in this division playing that many academy players! Whilst it may look great to some, i really cannot see us surviving with that lineup. Hoping to be proven extremely wrong of course!

Agreed. Whilst it's great to blood some youngsters, I don't agree that that is anywhere near our strongest available line up & unless it proves to be a masterstroke (NP sees them everyday in training & knows far more than I do about them) that looks like a petulant message to SL from the manager, that we are in need of more players (like we don't all know that!) 

I don't think it's fair on the kids to dump them all in the same team together. 

I hope I'm wrong & we are developing our own "class of 92" - but let's be honest, we probably aren't...! 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

One thing today though OTIB, these lads need support today not bashing after 5 minutes when a pass goes wrong.

I'd like to think (hope) that OTIB recognises this and won't have the typical melt down today, just once....please. ?

They ain't reading otib during the game, mate! 

(If they've any sense, they ain't reading it at all.)

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Haha 1