IGNORED

Millwall at home match day thread

NP and the fans know what the experienced players offer and he has clearly made decisions about what all of them offer and whether or not they are part of the future. 

NP knows better than us what the youngsters can offer. Based on his selection today he has more faith in them than in many of the senior players (albeit there are are other variables involved including injuries.) 

Whatever the result today I hope that we will see good performances from the youngsters - as we have already witnessed from those he’s been starting with such as Pring and Scott.

Come on you young Reds!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Harry said:

Here’s my predicted line up. 
4-2-3-1  similar to how we played v QPR but Tanner, King & Weimann out, Towler, Massengo & Benarous in  

O’Leary

Vyner Kalas Towler Pring

Massengo James

Benarous  Scott  O’Dowda

Semenyo

Nearly right. 
I knew that the 7 ‘products’ were starting - Max Vyner Towler Pring Benarous Scott Semenyo. 
Knew Kalas James & O Dowda would be in too. 
Was just a case of who was gonna be the 2nd centre mid. Wondered if he might put Han in instead of Weimann but seems he may be going for Scott to play CM instead. 

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Brian Tinnion take a bow.

Tinnion is doing a good job, but there’s another way of looking at it. Palmer, Massengo, Dasilva and Nag were signed in quick succession, but the first 3 can’t get in the team and Nagy was given away. Nigel Pearson has no choice but to play young players because of the shambles he inherited. I’m sure the young players will come good but it would be nice to have a bit of experience as well. (City to win by 2 goals today)

Looking forward to this wave of positivity translating to a measured, 'learning curve' response should we not get a result today..

All well and good seeing youngsters in the XI, the questions is are they there through requirement, merit or a bit of both.  If this lineup had been quoted at the start of the season then the conclusion could only have been that we're in much deeper trouble than any of us acknowledged. Of course it's nice to see the academy bearing fruit, however it's much easier to enthuse that the youngsters are included on merit than it is to contemplate otherwise.