IGNORED

Millwall at home match day thread

Some decent and too much bad, again. 

Different game to the QPR in that we’re having to work very hard to create chances, COD for example nowhere near the space to operate in and this is when he looks 1 dimensional as he can’t work his way into the game.

Pring, good game so far.

Thought we were pressing well, resulting in our goal (very well taken by Andi) but we went from looking in control to having our inexperience badly exposed:

Unfortunately Benarous a liability today, losing possession too easily costing us momentum that helped Millwall get a foothold in the game.

Towler I’m afraid, after a decent start has had an absolutely shocking 10 minutes. Lost his man for the first goal and then an absolute school boy challenge for the penalty. Dire. That’s putting it politely. Will he get hooked at halftime?

Vyner seemingly bypassed at will on our right wing too often.

Scott and James looking decent in possession. 

Semenyo buzzing around as ever and looks a thorn. Need more balls like Kalas’ into the channels for him and Weimann as we look like we can hurt them there.

Will be tough to get back in it to it though as no doubt a well organised Millwall will make it very difficult.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see HT changes. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

We are looking really really poor today, defence is all over the shop

We look poor most games let’s be honest. We are in genuine dire straits at the minute

I feel so sorry for these kids. The responsibility being put on them is not fair 

We have some talent there but Scott aside, very few of them are ready for this standard of football. 

• Like 3

That was a poor a half of football as I’ve seen all season. Desperate, ponderous stuff on the ball and weak as piss at the back. No options every time we have the ball, Vyner hasn’t overlapped once which means we’ve had no width, no pace, no movement….. a really insipid afternoon so far ?

• Like 3

Promising start before being predictably bullied for half an hour.

Nige needs to make two subs now and change to three at the back. Atkinson for Towler, Massengo for Benarous; push Scott into No.10 role. If there was something I could do about Vyner, I would. 

3-4-1-2: MOL; Kalas, Atkinson, Pring; Vyner, James, HNM, COD; Scott; Semenyo, Weimann. 

• Like 3