IGNORED

Millwall at home match day thread

2 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

That's how I saw it but I have been known to be wrong ( a lot)

I don't think either player is at fault really, Semenyo can either hold his run or break into space but can't do both.

And Weimann definitely could have played it earlier but was understandably tired and took a moment to sort his feet out.

Think the second break where we were 3 on 1 was a far better opportunity & Martin's indecision whether to play it to Wells or Weimann was a mistake.

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

A very hard worked win, great application for such a young side. Never gave up despite a few negative moments . Tried to play better football , not so long ball, trying to pass. Yes it still needs much work, but we are building and going in the right direction. Well done everyone, well done the fans at the ground you kept the positive support going despite the set backs. 

Every fan in the ground getting behind the lads is worth 1000 of the moaning tosspots you get on here who still haven’t turned up to tell us how happy they are we turned the game round…….

• Like 11
  • Flames 2
2 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Papering over cracks for 45 minutes changes absolutely nothing for me. 

You carry on if you’re happy with what’s been served up for the past 2 years. 

Yes im very happy 3 points and one step closer to mid table consolidation..

Only a plastic fan that supports the team when were successful is unhappy at winning a game 3-2

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thought we started well got our goal but then seamed to totally lose our way for 30mins, lots any tempo and energy we had, thankfully the changes at half time made a difference and we where the better side in the second half some better decision making in front of goal could have easily see us get 5 today over all the better side definitely won 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, prankerd said:

Yes im very happy 3 points and one step closer to mid table consolidation..

Only a plastic fan that supports the team when were successful is unhappy at winning a game 3-2

I’m happy we’ve won. I didn’t say I was unhappy. But the football hasn’t changed. 

I’m allowed to be unhappy with what I watch and still happy we won

39 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Your'e not moaning anymore.  Bristol City 3 moaning negative bedwetters OTIB 0 

Will admit to looking at things at 2-1 down and not being confident we could get back into it; happy to be wrong.

Encouraging thing being a lot of young players playing today who didn’t let the scoreline get them down, so while it can be up and down sticking with youth, decent showing from them today.

Hope we can build on it and string some results together now. 

First half was terrible. We can’t turn up for a stroll in the park against anyone, let alone Millwall. Second half much better. Massengo gave us the bite we were missing. Hats off to Afobe, what a class guy. Millwall don’t deserve him but that oooohhhh thing is great for shutting down opposition fans so we should adopt it. I also liked that they had some conductors/hype men in their crowd keeping it going. Praise the lord for Weimann! ?

I’m happy we’ve won. I didn’t say I was unhappy. But the football hasn’t changed. 

Today was SO much better than some of the crap we’ve played. We scored 3 goals. We haven’t previously struggled to have a shot on target in other games!

• Like 6

The problem with the likes of you is when we play well and lose it’s all “no excuses” bollocks but when we get 3 points you are full of ******* excuses for it. Go to bed for an hour and get over your disappointment…..

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Selred said:

Today was SO much better than some of the crap we’ve played. We scored 3 goals. We haven’t previously struggled to have a shot on target in other games!

Last two games have been a breath of fresh air football wise so anyone saying same old is either blind or is simply a computer room critic.

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Papering over cracks for 45 minutes changes absolutely nothing for me. 

You carry on if you’re happy with what’s been served up for the past 2 years. 

We all know the cracks are there. Nothing's being covered up.

This club is up shit creek without a paddle with regards to FFP because of MA, SL, and LJ.

We're arguably one of the more favoured sides pre season for relegation outside of points deduction.

We have no money to spend.

Who would you bring in, exactly? - What would you do?

Edited by Fuber
  • Like 5

Much, much better second half. We just have to play fast, attacking football. When we get the ball in and around the opposition area with power and pace we’re just so much more effective and we did that superbly in the second half, just as we did at times v QPR. We aren’t great defensively so we may as well just get at teams. 

If we could play with that kind of intent in both halves it would be a lot better for my heart rate…. 

• Like 1

After a fairly bright start we were poor in the first half and Millwall looked much the better side. 

The half time changes were needed and our second half performance was really positive. 

Credit to Weimann for his hat-trick. Well deserved for the work he puts in.

I also thought Pring was superb. 

Great atmosphere in the second half. It was fantastic to see us come from behind to get the win. 

I've just calmed down and taken my blood pressure tablets...?? Great battling performance in the second half what an impact HNM had on the game and well played Andi for finishing off the chances... Good to get the winning feeling again. But we really do need the level of second half performance more often, thought towler looked way out of his depth (unfortunately) need to get the players all playing and cut out the silly mistakes... Papering over cracks maybe to a degree but a much better level of performance in the last 2 games...

46 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

And, to cheer us up even more, Baggies have just equalised v Cardiff.

Ended 1-1. WBA finished with 10 men after Mowatt was sent off, then were denied what looked a stonewall pen in the dying seconds. Ref then immediately blew for full time, WBA boss raced on to confront him and in the ensuing melee Flint and Sam Johnstone were both shown red cards.

• Thanks 1