IGNORED

Millwall at home match day thread

6 minutes ago, keflav said:

I've just calmed down and taken my blood pressure tablets...?? Great battling performance in the second half what an impact HNM had on the game and well played Andi for finishing off the chances... Good to get the winning feeling again. But we really do need the level of second half performance more often, thought towler looked way out of his depth (unfortunately) need to get the players all playing and cut out the silly mistakes... Papering over cracks maybe to a degree but a much better level of performance in the last 2 games...

So did Scott when he got hooked after half an hour earlier in the season but he’s a starter now. Young un’s take different timescales for the penny to drop.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

So did Scott when he got hooked after half an hour earlier in the season but he’s a starter now. Young un’s take different timescales for the penny to drop.

Yeah maybe must has been tough just being thrown in the deep end and no doubt he will learn from it ???

We played well vs QPR and second half today. Now we have players who moves the ball and themselves. Happy to see a structure when we play. This win was important and well deserved, we have many young players who still will be better. Compare to last season think we can have Hope for our Club. Williams soon fit and many players gets better and better. For me Weimann since long is one of our best players. Sooner or later his hard work give results, his 3 goals today shows it.  Funny that our topscorers get sticks, last season Fam and this season Weimann. We have to accept that most games last season and this its Been difficault to be a fw in Bristol City. Our team have not been Good enough to play creative football. Last two games have been better and that makes Hope for the future. COYR 

• Like 14
22 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Ah, the good old conspiracy posts have now started. 

There's no agenda, however cant stop you believing in one. 

I'm not a subscriber to the cult of Pearson that exists here. Not every must be good irrespective because he's Nigel Pearson, it's a big fallacy. 

I'm quite happy providing views based on situations as they come up. 

Pleased we got a win in the end, however we're generally crap, there's lots of on filed and apparently off field issues given personnel selected. 

That may not be good enough for you, however we've now got multi millions of pounds worth of players now not deemed 'good enough' or dont 'play by the rules' despite them having played hundreds and possibly thousands of Championship games between them, causing further depreciation when we're already skint. 

I cant also help that this appears to be the dying embers of a manager who is rapidly losing the plot,  a la GJs final months Scattergun selections, poor tactical set ups, players vanishing to never be heard of again and the rest of it. 

You may disagree, as is your right to do so.

But I'll quite happily have my views, cheers. 

The conspiracy is all you . Again another one mentioning off field issues . You have made that up . How many ex players have to state what good man manager he is.  You’re entitled to a opinion of course but don’t make things up . This don’t play by the rules statement , that’s lies. He actually said the rules apply to everyone . Meaning , even though he’s captain he’ll be dropped if not performing , which he wasn’t.

Also if you can’t grasp that we’ve had major problems caused by the previous recruitment policy them I’m lost for words. Pearson has inherited a bloody mess. If you’re looking for a conspiracy theorist have a good look in the mirror . 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 18
19 minutes ago, fanjita said:

I know it doesn’t make a jot of difference now but wasn’t the penalty against the “rules” now? I thought the run up and taking the kick had to be one continuous movement, not the case here, Afobe stoped  just prior to the kick.

Nothing in the rules to say a player can not stop in the run up 

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

A very hard worked win, great application for such a young side. Never gave up despite a few negative moments . Tried to play better football , not so long ball, trying to pass. Yes it still needs much work, but we are building and going in the right direction. Well done everyone, well done the fans at the ground you kept the positive support going despite the set backs. 

Exactly. The youngsters are being appreciated by the fans who have more patience with them than say Wells and Palmer. Yes they are work in progress and there will be some mistakes whilst they are learning but they have been a breath of fresh air compared with the stale football we have previously witnessed.

I don’t think we will go down this season and playoffs aren’t going to be for us either, but if we can bed in these youngsters further maybe, just maybe, we can ‘hit the ground running’ next season. After all that’s what they have been telling us for years.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1
26 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Ah, the good old conspiracy posts have now started. 

There's no agenda, however cant stop you believing in one. 

I'm not a subscriber to the cult of Pearson that exists here. Not every must be good irrespective because he's Nigel Pearson, it's a big fallacy. 

I'm quite happy providing views based on situations as they come up. 

Pleased we got a win in the end, however we're generally crap, there's lots of on filed and apparently off field issues given personnel selected. 

That may not be good enough for you, however we've now got multi millions of pounds worth of players now not deemed 'good enough' or dont 'play by the rules' despite them having played hundreds and possibly thousands of Championship games between them, causing further depreciation when we're already skint. 

I cant also help that this appears to be the dying embers of a manager who is rapidly losing the plot,  a la GJs final months Scattergun selections, poor tactical set ups, players vanishing to never be heard of again and the rest of it. 

You may disagree, as is your right to do so.

But I'll quite happily have my views, cheers. 

There is no cult here,just realism that at this moment in time he is the right manager to keep us up and with what he has to work with,anybody who thought we would be pressuring the playoffs either hasn’t watched or played football 

• Like 5

Watched the first half on Sky and then had to go out so missed the second half. 

In the first half we really struggled to find space around the park. Millwall pressed us hard. I feel sorry for Towler as he struggled against a tough, experienced team. Perhaps this wasn't the game to throw him in for. He's going to need an arm around his shoulder.

Make no mistake though, this was a massive 3 points.

Not every match is the same but at our current points per game ratio (1.2) we are set to finish on 55 points. 

COYR

1 hour ago, Bs4Red said:

I’m happy we’ve won. I didn’t say I was unhappy. But the football hasn’t changed. 

I’m allowed to be unhappy with what I watch and still happy we won

If you go (which I will wager you don't) to football for the "artistry" then you're following the wrong club. 

If you were there today and been part of the limbs in the EE when Andi smashed the winner, that's football my friend. ******* ecstacy not X's and O's.

• Like 12
  • Flames 1
6 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Interesting, allowed in the run up, but not allowed to feint that you are taking your shot.

Things you learn. Never knowingly ever seen this one applied I think

Additional time is allowed for a penalty kick to be taken and completed at the end of each half of the match or extra time. When additional time is allowed, the penalty kick is completed when, after the kick has been taken, the ball stops moving, goes out of play, is played by any player (including the kicker) other than the defending goalkeeper, or the referee stops play for an offence by the kicker or the kicker's team.”

You get a penalty kick in the last second. Ref says he is allowing extra time for the kick; same rules as a penalty shoot out. Penalty is saved but scored on the re bound, ref correctly disallows it. Not sure many fans would follow that.

Equally, I have seen once players go to half time straight from a successful penalty kick, with no restart. I guess the same rule was being applied.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, tin said:

And that counter attack sums up Semenyo. Weimann tells him to hold his run to stay onside so that AS has a clear run in on goal. He doesn’t look, doesn’t get it, and gets flagged offside. That should be 4-2. Great opportunity spurned and AW rightly has a go at him.

I thought he was onside and just needed a quick pass which Weimann opted against and took the ball to the right, it’s about being clinical and passing it straight away.  

16 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Well, this is awkward 

Shouldn’t be conceding 2 at home, makes it difficult ? there I said it 

46 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

I thought he was onside and just needed a quick pass which Weimann opted against and took the ball to the right, it’s about being clinical and passing it straight away.  

Shouldn’t be conceding 2 at home, makes it difficult ? there I said it 

The pass wasn’t on as Semenyo was in an offside position. That’s why Weimann held onto it IMO

• Like 2
3 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

What reception did Afobe get (apart from the penalty of course!!)?

He made it clear he wasn’t going to celebrate after his goal and then did a kind of half apology to the South Stand. Got a fair bit of applause from those around me.  Thought that was nice touch all round. He’s a classy guy, although he did get booked for dissent in second half!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, redseptember said:

He made it clear he wasn’t going to celebrate after his goal and then did a kind of half apology to the South Stand. Got a fair bit of applause from those around me.  Thought that was nice touch all round. He’s a classy guy, although he did get booked for dissent in second half!

Also nice to see our players such as Kalas and Max make a point of going up to him at the end of the match.

• Like 4