IGNORED

Weimann - All he does is "run around"

Waconda

I don’t think weimann is either great or poor. What i do say about him is he isn’t the best footballer, the thing that stands out most about him is his work rate. Give him a chance he doesn’t have to think about he can be very good. Give him time to think and i think he looks a far worse player

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, KegCity said:

It’s all he does when he’s shoved out wide. Needs to consistently play up front, it’s his best position and he’s always dangerous.

We don’t need to sign a striker in January, just give Weimann service.

Agree and he can drop into midfield if we need to defend a lead which is a great asset to have. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, KegCity said:

It’s all he does when he’s shoved out wide. Needs to consistently play up front, it’s his best position and he’s always dangerous.

Sorry this is complete rubbish. He's more of a threat wide or behind than heciscas a striker. Scored a hat trick today from wide / in behind a striker

• Hmmm 1

Just now, The Bard said:

Sorry this is complete rubbish. He's more of a threat wide or behind than heciscas a striker. Scored a hat trick today from wide / in behind a striker

Also he looked more effective when not having to cover Vyner at full back in the 2nd half, but in agreement he’s not totally a front man, in old currency they’d describe him as an inside right…

• Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, City_USA said:

IMO, stick him up front for the 2nd half of the season and use any money available to strengthen things at the back and add some creativity to get the ball into the box. More affordable than a striker

That's fine as long as he doesn't get injured. But I agree about playing him as striker, it's his best position. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KegCity said:

I agree about the wide bit. Didn’t enjoy his performance there in the first half as he often wasn’t there! Think maybe their first goal is avoidable if he was in position. 

Anyway, I am not his biggest fan, but can’t argue the goal return. Important goals often too. I think I’d play him up front with 3 at the back partnered with Semenyo(who is just as vital imo). Think get the best out of him there. 

10 minutes ago, The Bard said:

It’s not complete rubbish is it? When he first turned up he scored 5 in 5 playing up front, his goals all come from being in and around the box up front. Offers far more than any other striker we’ve got and he’s got the goal record to go with it.

• Like 4

I think it very easy to assess player performances as individuals whereas really it is often more about how they fit into the team.

Weimann runs constantly and, in a team that responds to his movement, he is very effective whereas in a team as static as we are at our worst, he looks like a headless chicken because nothing he does is being supported - either in terms of balls in to him or the movement of other players. 

We really missed Weimann last season and he has definitely been key for us this season but there's still a massive difference in performance between games like today when players respond to his movement and some other performances this season where he's not really been supported by the players around him.

What we've really lacked in the last three years is a system and a team of players that complement each other. And that's been as true up-front as it has been elsewhere. I think Semenyo and James returning improves our options and gives us a chance to find a team that works as a unit and I think Weimann benefits from that as much as anyone. 

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

As soon as you see that typed on this forum it reveals how much the writer knows about football.

Whilst I have always rated wiemann as one of our most influential players .??? the brass neck you have for calling people out after some of the lies you’ve posted on here is so hypocritical it’s unreal . 

• Flames 1