IGNORED

Weimann - All he does is "run around"

Waconda

5 hours ago, VT05763 said:

As soon as you see that typed on this forum it reveals how much the writer knows about football.

I am amazed how some of our supporters start threads like this to have a dig at other people's opinions. 

But you are more than happy to constantly dig at Pearson 

We can also see his qualities but how often do we get end products like today? 

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

Not standard when I played.

Definitely would have been classed as a great finish.

Let me guess, if it wasn't for your knee injury :laugh:

Stick to your ITK claims at least they are amusing to the rest of us

Merry Christmas 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

If he could do what he did for his second goal consistently, he'd be another level.

And not playing for us !!!

The only thing stopping him from playing in a lower Prem/Top six Champs team is his inconsistency and much of that could be down to how awful we have been as a team the last 2 seasons.

Thank you so much for making me laugh out loud tonight 

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'd sum it up as a good player having a great season. He's solid and dependable and every now and then finds the ball at his feet in a position to shoot. If he hits 20 this season then great, but that will be an outlier, and a sign of a hot streak, rather than a transformation into a goal machine.

Was definitely a big miss when he was injured last season 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, chinapig said:

So you expect us to be able to sign players who are good at everything?

Perhaps when we finally catch up with Man City.

No...you know that's not the case. I want players that fit a system.

Not players that would be Prem standard if it wasn't for certain weaknesses. Just for the sake of it. 

Prem left overs...that were bought with no system in mind.

It's a ridiculous strategy and part of the reason we are where we are now.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting thing about the first goal is how hard he's hit it. 

From his position a simple lob would have been enough but he's struck it with real aplomb 

Watch him closely, his left foot is one of the worst "swingers" I've ever seen, tried a shot in the 2nd half and missed the ball completely.  He obviously realised it could go anywhere, so just tried to make a good connection ?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, phantom said:

From his position a simple lob would have been enough but he's struck it with real aplomb 

Seriously...some of these pundits are complete morons. 

Best goal...the third one because he was fastest to react ????? it literally fell at his feet. Everyone else had to move to get to him. 

16 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

That’s it then 

Front two next week

Spudski (For his self acclaimed ability and technical skill) (If not busy with his agent friends or playing other professional sports)

and

Rob Atkinson (Ian Gay selection)

Jobs a good un

I'll be busy...but thanks for the acknowledgement. Carry on with your mud pies...? ?

3 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Ok, what is brummie?

Mindful that a malicious tweet some years ago suggesting that Rovers‘ manager was rather too fond of dogs was passed on by an ex-player for whom English was not his first language, I was going to respond earlier, but I see that (fortunately) a previous answer to your question has now been removed from the thread, so there is no need for any shock/disgust (usch blä).

For your information, AW joined Aston Villa some years ago as a 16 year old boy, and then played for Derby and Wolves, spending approximately 10 of his formative years in an area to which we refer loosely as The Midlands, the Capital of which is widely recognised as Birmingham.

We generally refer to someone from this area as a ‘Brummie’.

I’ve always thought, and indeed have posted, that Andi Weimann is the best ‘footballer’ at our club - I’ve always recognised his priceless contributions and how much we missed him when he was out injured for pretty much a whole season, he is a vitally important part of our team - and some of those who have previously slagged him off on here are now among those who are praising him - it’s great that he has turned those detractors around - Andi Weimann will always give everything for Bristol City - and he’s also a very good player ...

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Then standards have obviously dropped. Kinnel...the ball has landed at his feet, controlled, steady, keeper off line, no one closing you down, lob into empty net. If a pro can't do that at this level then God help us. That was standard when I played. Not technically hard. 

Yes, I must say I agree with you; it was just the sort of goal I used to score frequently.

In training; when there was no defender near me, when there was no threat of a ‘hearty’ challenge from behind, when there was no crowd ready to jeer and boo were I to miss.

Unfortunately, I was very rarely, if ever, able to score such goals in an actual match, which I suppose is one of the myriad reasons I never became a professional footballer and is why I admire players like you and AW for reaching the giddy heights I could only dream of.

In my defence, though, just like AW, I was able to run around a lot.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Maybe I’m being harsh, but I’ve seen comments on here about a good first touch? So a right footed player has a touch with his stronger foot, which he then has to have a touch with his thigh, to then have to volley it in with his weeker foot? Good finish, yes, good first touch? Really? COYR 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Yes, I must say I agree with you; it was just the sort of goal I used to score frequently.

In training; when there was no defender near me, when there was no threat of a ‘hearty’ challenge from behind, when there was no crowd ready to jeer and boo were I to miss.

Unfortunately, I was very rarely, if ever, able to score such goals in an actual match, which I suppose is one of the myriad reasons I never became a professional footballer and is why I admire players like you and AW for reaching the giddy heights I could only dream of.

In my defence, though, just like AW, I was able to run around a lot.

Sarcasm aside...he is a professional. Used to playing in stadiums with crowds.

I would have been more lenient if it were a young en starting out in his first team career.

There are many non professional players that have better technical ability. 

His other attributes at this level contribute.

I seriously think as fans our expectations from professional footballers at this level has dropped.

Fitness and athletism has taken over from technical ability.

A couple touches to control then volley over a keeper into an empty net...seriously...wtf is so special about that at this level?

His second goal is class...and why he's a pro, and not everyone can do it. 

His first...nahhhh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Classy goal. Much harder than he makes it look. xG of 0.07, so it goes in, at Championship level, roughly 7 in 100 times.

However, calling a guy who averages about 6 goals a season a "natural goalscorer" is laughable punditry.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

That’s it then 

Front two next week

Spudski (For his self acclaimed ability and technical skill) (If not busy with his agent friends or playing other professional sports)

and

Rob Atkinson (Ian Gay selection)

Jobs a good un

When did he say that, BBCRB or FBC…

Ive had a lively spat with him on twitter this evening.

7 hours ago, lenred said:

How are your thoughts on NP tonight? 

We have improved massively since he came back from his second "illness" (Blackburn game) and we changed to a 3-5-2, started to try and play football and actually looked like we had a game plan.

Much better.

9 hours ago, spudski said:

Seriously...some of these pundits are complete morons. 

Best goal...the third one because he was fastest to react ????? it literally fell at his feet. Everyone else had to move to get to him. 

I'll be busy...but thanks for the acknowledgement. Carry on with your mud pies...? ?

You are right the third was a far easier finish and would be in the 9 out of 10 category.

The first goal was the most difficult of the three.

Edited by VT05763

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

When did he say that, BBCRB or FBC…

Ive had a lively spat with him on twitter this evening.

6 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

FBC !

iirc when debating about resting CM

??

Apologies to Ian , I take it all back .....

It want Atkinson he suggested playing up front

It was Robbie Cundy (Seriously)

Havnt listened for a few , so not sure whether he still wants Pearson’s head on a platter

( Good to see the sensible majority understanding what Pearson has on his plate and are backing him )

• Like 1

AW definitely divides opinion and can frustrate but if he was more technically gifted he wouldn’t be with us, as many have already eluded to.

Regardless of his good and bad points, we have to understand where we are currently at and he is a valuable player to us. Time to focus more on what he can do rather than what he can’t. I would gladly take plenty of indifferent moments throughout games if he can score a few more doubles (that usually lead to us getting all 3 points) or a day like yesterday where he scored 3 superbly taken goals.

What can’t be overlooked though is that after the injury he suffered, to come back and return a career best goals return, only half way through the season is really quite something. His desire and professionalism is exemplary.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1