IGNORED

Massengo, Massengo, Massengo, Massengo, Massengo, Massengo,

Curr Avon

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

C'est fantastique!

Seriously though, what a second half from HNM.

Great energy, turnovers, sharp passing and a first assist too.

And still some people would rather wait until he makes a mistake before commenting. He could play 88 brilliant minutes but if he slips up once that’s what they’ll concentrate on. Strange.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

I'm sure Pearson has got some kind of vendetta against him. His reactions are mental when HNM makes a error compared to others. 

I think Pearson is seeing not much movement on the contract front. 

But that's just speculating. Only thing I can think of.

1 minute ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

I'm sure Pearson has got some kind of vendetta against him. His reactions are mental when HNM makes a error compared to others. 

I think in a half it showed why a lot of us like him, and Pearson is not 100% convinced.

He is technically very strong and can ‘make things happen’, as indeed he did this match. Equally, just before the winner he had one of two of those moments when he gets caught with the ball, and if it had led to a winner the other way, lots would have been slagging him off. I like him, but can see he is not a ‘safety first’ player.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

I think Pearson is seeing not much movement on the contract front. 

But that's just speculating. Only thing I can think of.

Once Palmer’s wages are free we should be spreading them between HNM and Scott. Tie them down now and actually look to build a side.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, dave36 said:

Massengo is so frustrating- can’t wait to see him score a screamer, when he does I’m sure we will see the true quality player emerge!

Why is a centre midfielder who consistently runs the midfield frustrating because he also doesn’t have screamers in his locker? Does his job well, goals would be nice but aren’t necessary.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I think in a half it showed why a lot of us like him, and Pearson is not 100% convinced.

He is technically very strong and can ‘make things happen’, as indeed he did this match. Equally, just before the winner he had one of two of those moments when he gets caught with the ball, and if it had led to a winner the other way, lots would have been slagging him off. I like him, but can see he is not a ‘safety first’ player.

I think half his “problem” as it were us he is prepared to get on the ball anywhere and keeps mobile hence receiving a greater quantity of passes and in positions where losing it create us problems, a prime example is that pass from Kalas 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

72 games according to the commentator today, and its his first assist? And obviously no goals, massengo is a great lad, and may well go on to be a premier league player, but if thats his first assist that is shocking!

He’s had a few that deserve to be awarded assists. Like away to QPR away where he intercepted the ball outside his own area, ran the length of the pitch and crossed for Weimann who pulled it back for Martin. Plus todays third goal was a peach of a pass but not the final pass.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Still does some dumb stuff, loses the ball in key areas. Got away with it at the end. Made a big difference going forward though.

How did you manage to get those words out with those gritted teeth?? Give the guy some credit ffs, he came on at half time and had a hand in 2 goals, covered every blade of grass and genuinely had a good game.

13 minutes ago, collier said:

How did you manage to get those words out with those gritted teeth?? Give the guy some credit ffs, he came on at half time and had a hand in 2 goals, covered every blade of grass and genuinely had a good game.

What a strange comment. I've said many times before that he's a fine player who needs some coaching to become a truly great player. Made a big difference in the second half but does indeed lose the ball in key areas at crucial times (see Coventry away as an example). Currently I'd say a £15 to £20M player who could become £50M plus. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RedNachos said:

Thats's if he plays, seems we're keeping a ferrari in the garage with HNM, and when we've given Vauxhalls a go it seems bizarre he's not a leading player for us. Technically, him Scott and maybe James are on a different level.

2 hours ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

Pearson praised him early on, but I would give Nige a lot of Credit for this. Han Noah hasn't been great lately, he didn't deserve a start. Nige has stuck to his ethos, play if you play well . It Amy spur him on to more consistency .

2 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Still does some dumb stuff, loses the ball in key areas. Got away with it at the end. Made a big difference going forward though.

Absolutely this he is a liability when defending at times but produced some great stuff at the other end. You can see why Pearson is reluctant to start him.