IGNORED

Pring - Finally found our left back

brad blit

Really needs a run in the team now. Either at left side centre half in a three or left back when in a back four. Obviously got things to work as all players do but he has genuine quality & likes defending .  Not only that but he plays like his life depends on it. We as fans love players like him & he’s a good age now to kick on . ???????? Cam 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Brian Tinnion reckoned Pring was ready for the first team squad last season. Naturally he was ignored.

I heard there was some tension between BT and LJ about several youngsters not getting a chance previously.  But I guess in LJ’s defence, it’s not BT’s job on the line if he doesn’t get results.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I heard there was some tension between BT and LJ about several youngsters not getting a chance previously.  But I guess in LJ’s defence, it’s not BT’s job on the line if he doesn’t get results.

That doesn't surprise me. LJ talked about the pathway but Kelly aside there really wasn't one.

Nevertheless Cam was shipped out last season, though whether that was Holden's decision or Ashton's who knows?

• Like 3

Pring was superb today. Has such scorching pace and just glides past the opposition. I think there is more to come from him aswell.  Does he know how good he is? Whether he plays left of a back 3 or left wing back, he's here to stay. Exciting to watch. Would like him to have a shot on goal at the end of some of his mazy runs. Had one only today. Definately better than Joe Bryan.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Pring was superb today. Has such scorching pace and just glides past the opposition. I think there is more to come from him aswell.  Does he know how good he is? Whether he plays left of a back 3 or left wing back, he's here to stay. Exciting to watch. Would like him to have a shot on goal at the end of some of his mazy runs. Had one only today. Definately better than Joe Bryan.

Do you mean better today, or better when Bryan was here? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Do you mean better today, or better when Bryan was here? 

Better today definately. As for when Bryan was here? Memorys a bit shite but Bryan did used to get forward at pace. Think Pring has the edge for pace with both but he looks a better defender to me. Prings close control is better aswell. If we had more movement upfront who could drag the opposition out of the way Pring would go through those gaps. He's one I look forward to watching as is young Scott.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Better today definately. As for when Bryan was here? Memorys a bit shite but Bryan did used to get forward at pace. Think Pring has the edge for pace with both but he looks a better defender to me. Prings close control is better aswell. If we had more movement upfront who could drag the opposition out of the way Pring would go through those gaps. He's one I look forward to watching as is young Scott.

Joe was always better going forward than defending, because he was really a midfielder who had been shunted backwards on the pitch, whereas Cam is clearly a very good defender who comes forward well. If he could start scoring goals like Joe has done through his career that would be great.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WECANDO said:

Pring is physical when he goes past his man.  He’s strong, he uses his body and arms, his marker cannot lean into him to put him off balance.  It is something O’Dowda hasn’t got, there was an occasion when he could’ve used his left arm to stop his opponent getting a challenge in as he when down the right on his right foot from a corner.  Player tackled him and we got another corner.  Pring possibly gets brought down in the same situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WECANDO said:

27 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Joe was always better going forward than defending, because he was really a midfielder who had been shunted backwards on the pitch, whereas Cam is clearly a very good defender who comes forward well. If he could start scoring goals like Joe has done through his career that would be great.

Both Bryan and Pring are excellent going forward, although as has been mentioned, Pring appears to be much stronger and, of course, is clearly a far better defender.

At present, however, Bryan would appear to be the ‘better’ attacker by virtue of the number of shots he takes (took) and, by extension, the number of goals he scored.

Having said that, I suppose only time (and match experience) will show whether Pring develops the confidence to shoot more often and, hopefully, score.

4 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Both Bryan and Pring are excellent going forward, although as has been mentioned, Pring appears to be much stronger and, of course, is clearly a far better defender.

At present, however, Bryan would appear to be the ‘better’ attacker by virtue of the number of shots he takes (took) and, by extension, the number of goals he scored.

Having said that, I suppose only time (and match experience) will show whether Pring develops the confidence to shoot more often and, hopefully, score.

Let us be completely honest here, Joe Bryan was a fantastic player for Bristol City and has performed in the Premiership for a Fulham team that have seriously splashed the cash over the past 20 years. To even be talking about Cameron Pring as better or similar in ability to Bryan tells us what an exciting prospect we have on our hands. 

• Like 2