IGNORED

Benik Afobe - Touch Of Class

One Team

25 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Absolutely love that from Benik - a class act. I’m so pleased he feels that way for us as it’s so clear to see that the feeling is mutual unconditionally. I would have him back in a heartbeat over Martin and Wells.

Spot on, Although, I thought Martin did really well when he came on today.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Very good centre-forward.

At a time when we seemed to be basing selecting our personnel on “good humans”, it was odd that we never signed this guy permanently as he is one of the best humans in the game.

Go well Benik.

To be honest I think most of it came from the fact that he's had the same issue on both knees, and that Stoke probably wanted top dollar for him still. The two factors didn't add up for us.

Personally I'm glad (for him) that he never stayed on, because with the incompetence that was going on with the medical side of things last season, he would probably be on crutches for life now!

I'd have him back tomorrow though if the money side of things were right. Looked good today, only has a handful of goals this season, bit still more likely to get one than others. Also brings more to the team.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

What did he do ?

Held the ball up well and a couple of good knock on headers into good positions, I thought we definitely looked more like scoring when he came on his experience showed I think it looked to me like he had a point to prove.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

This is certainly a ‘good feeling’ story and he took that spot kick really well, but from my position in the Dolman I never noticed the applause that has been mentioned.
I ask was it a handful of persons directly behind the goal…  did many notice it at the time in the South stand ?  

It was definitely loud enough that he could hear it on the pitch and I could hear it in the SS/Dolman corner.

real class moment from our fans.

5 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Probably got fifteen minutes in him not a long term solution

Well at 33 I would almost guarantee you’re correct.

we need someone who can play with there back to goal and he is that option at the moment because no one else can, but that comes after a midfielder that can supplement the rest of our 50% available if lucky entire midfield.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I will never never understand why why why when

We had Afobe on loan and coming back from injury

Still a year and half left of Diedhiou

Weimann

Semenyo 

That we spunked a three and a half year contract and ££,£££ per week on NAKHI WELLS

In January (pre-Covid) when Wells was signed, the likelihood of BA coming back and playing a meaningful part that season was slim to say the least.  He looked off the pace in July when it did resume.  I don’t think Wells was a smart signing though.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

This is certainly a ‘good feeling’ story and he took that spot kick really well, but from my position in the Dolman I never noticed the applause that has been mentioned.
I ask was it a handful of persons directly behind the goal…  did many notice it at the time in the South stand ?  

6 hours ago, Pezo said:

It was definitely loud enough that he could hear it on the pitch and I could hear it in the SS/Dolman corner.

real class moment from our fans.

I was in the middle of the Dolman and heard the applause coming from the South Stand direction. I had watched his immediate celebration, but missed him kneeling which instigated the applause? 

2 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

I was in the middle of the Dolman and heard the applause coming from the South Stand direction. I had watched his immediate celebration, but missed him kneeling which instigated the applause? 

He didn’t really celebrate the goal, his team mates came up to him to congratulate him, then when they turned back to the centre spot he went to his knees and pointed to the sky. We then clapped the acknowledgement and when he got back up he clapped us back.