IGNORED

Was Palmer warming up yesterday?

Meh

Firstly, I did have a beer and I was only looking from the concourse through the small gap to the pitch but I thought I saw Palmer in full warm up kit running passed up and down.

Seemed bizarre as not in the squad and the presumption me and my mate came too was it was Semenyo as they have similar hair, scruffy low cut beard etc albeit slightly different physique and I thought I could tell the difference even with the small glances I had.

However my ageing memory seems to recall Semenyo was briefly in the background taking a shot at goal so eff knows what I saw !!

Anybody confirm or deny Semenyo was warming up in south stand / dolman corner on his own about 2:30 so I can finally work out whether my mind/vision is failing me?

1 minute ago, Meh said:

Firstly, I did have a beer and I was only looking from the concourse through the small gap to the pitch but I thought I saw Palmer in full warm up kit running passed up and down.

Seemed bizarre as not in the squad and the presumption me and my mate came too was it was Semenyo as they have similar hair, scruffy low cut beard etc albeit slightly different physique and I thought I could tell the difference even with the small glances I had.

However my ageing memory seems to recall Semenyo was briefly in the background taking a shot at goal so eff knows what I saw !!

Anybody confirm or deny Semenyo was warming up in south stand / dolman corner on his own about 2:30 so I can finally work out whether my mind/vision is failing me?

Believe it was Palmer warming up. Believe someone mentioned it on the match thread. COYR 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SBB said:

The players not selected for the match day squad will need to top up their work load. Same for players on the bench who didn’t come on or only got a few minutes, they do their running after. Nothing sinister in it at all. 

I think Kasey Palmer's gonna need more than a couple of sprints to do that :laugh:

It's common for this to happen. 

I may be mistaken, but I always believed that clubs can allow 20 players to travel to games. This means you have your standard squad (11 starters, 7 subs) then +2 players in the event of injuries occuring during the warm up, resulting in last minute changes to the match day squad. 

Palmer has been seen doing fitness work before games previously. As mentioned above, he was out early with Danny Simpson against Huddersfield and did running drills over by the Dolman stand.