IGNORED

30 points from 25 games.

Lanterne Rouge

29 minutes ago, 22A said:

Since our promotion in 2015, the highest placed relegated team has been; 

Charlton - 40, Blackburn - 51, Barnsley - 41, Rotherham - 40, Charlton (again) - 48 and Wycombe - 43.

Essentially we need to be looking at the points gained for the teams which finished 23rd, not 22nd. Because of Derby. 
So it would I easily be down to 40 I think. 

I think we look pretty safe. There are some really poor teams down there this season - Barnsley and Derby (in fairness due to points deduction) the obvious ones.

It's possible that we don't even finish THAT close to the bottom 3. The current bottom 6 all look poorer than us IMO. Quite plausible that a couple more finish below us too.

Edited by Supersonic Robin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Given the football played across the last couple of games, it’s hard not to think we’re on a slight upward trajectory too. Could be a false dawn, but I swear I’ve seen some promise!

Indeed. The last two performances have actually given me hope that we will be okay this season. 

6 minutes ago, bris red said:

Indeed. The last two performances have actually given me hope that we will be okay this season. 

100% agree. 
These last 2 games have given me some hope. I must admit, I hadn’t really seen anything at all prior to that which gave me any hope. 
Those 2 games, and the QPR performance in particular, have given me a bit of tonic. 
The QPR performance was probably the best I’ve seen in a couple of year actually. 

• Admin

We're very lucky that in a time where we have absolutely no budget having already sold all our best talents and covid messing finances, that we have the best crop of players coming through as a group that I can remember in my 30 years as a City fan ?

• Like 3

W L D W L D etc. form would make us comfortable, and in fact would be a decent end to the season; looking at the fixture list, I think that’s not impossible (albeit not in that precise order, of course).

My biggest concern is that we simply look better on the field; while I feel we’re exactly where I expected us to be just now in terms of points and position really, it has been some of the frankly shit on pitch showings that have had me worried.

Emergence of some solid youth players has been a plus, and hope we hold our nerve and keep playing them, plus maybe find one or two on loan/from the lower levels who may be able to mix things up, though can see far more outgoings happening than incomings.

I’m not losing sleep over it, but I do think we’ve work to do to ensure safety and the ability to plan for the future are this level still; I just hope we get a little more consistent and trend upwards in our performances as the season closes out.

Edited by samo II

20 hours ago, Ian M said:

We're very lucky that in a time where we have absolutely no budget having already sold all our best talents and covid messing finances, that we have the best crop of players coming through as a group that I can remember in my 30 years as a City fan ?

I agree as long as we can keep hold of them,the future can be much brighter!

21 hours ago, Harry said:

100% agree. 
These last 2 games have given me some hope. I must admit, I hadn’t really seen anything at all prior to that which gave me any hope. 
Those 2 games, and the QPR performance in particular, have given me a bit of tonic. 
The QPR performance was probably the best I’ve seen in a couple of year actually. 

I think we'll get 60 points come the end. Keep things steady and have 1 half decent unbeaten run and we'll manage that.  We'll be as close to the play offs as the bottom 3.

On 03/01/2022 at 14:20, Lanterne Rouge said:

I don`t for one minute think we`re going down this year so can any of you stattos out there say whether any side has ever been relegated from the Championship having that number of points at that stage of the season?

My guess would be no.

Peterborough I think, who got relegated on 54 points

20 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

We are on for 55 points, Posh are on for 38 points.

It will be as comfortable as that in my opinion

I don’t think we’re in particular trouble but I can see Peterborough picking up form. It feels like there’s always one team who does. 

I pray Cardiff slip into big trouble…

On 03/01/2022 at 18:31, Davefevs said:

It is our results against the current bottom 6 that gives me total confidence we aren’t getting relegated!

B71CBC62-AA5D-410B-9B0D-62F1E23962C4.jpeg

That’s really interesting and also starts to explain our home form.  The good news being that, in the second half of the season,  far more of our home games are against our fellow bottom half gang…. Good home form ahead? 
I’ll ignore the fact we have the top 3 away from home! 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I don’t think we’re in particular trouble but I can see Peterborough picking up form. It feels like there’s always one team who does. 

I pray Cardiff slip into big trouble…

There is usually. One team normally goes on a bad run and drops like a stone from about tenth to a relegation scrap and one does the opposite.

My view FWIW is that Blackpool might be the former and Hull the latter.