IGNORED

Fulham in the Cup

BCFCGav

Just to add

BBC radio London will also have THEIR totally biased own commentary of the game, if their is a problem with the Radio Bristol

There are six other FA cup games kicking off in and around lunch time

The icons on each BBC local radio station appear very late on the BBC web site,so be patient for the icon/s to appear

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Hardly a suprise regarding low ticket sales.

A team in our own league, just after Christmas and with all what's going on virus wise the prices were verging on ridiculous!

Shame really as they probably could have got around the12k mark if the pricing was a bit more sensible?

I guess the club think the prices are pretty good compared to a walk up price, but fail to acknowledge that 80% of supporters are season card holders who won't see these prices as such a good deal.

And given that U12/U19/U22/Adult prices are £1/£5/£10/£22, I don't see the average income per ticket being much over £10 anyway. Let's say they sell 4,000 adult tickets at £22 (including Fulham fans), if they set the top price to £15(£12) they'd need to attract an extra 1,870 (3,330) adults to generate the same ticket income. It goes without saying that there would be an intangible goodwill benefit from setting low prices as well.

I'll decide on Friday whether I'll be attending in person. I only live around the corner so it would be less hassle than a jittery hesgoal stream for me.

• Like 1

I really think City have completed missed an opportunity to give something back to their supporters.

Cardiff are charging £10 for adults (season ticket holders) for any seat in the ground. They are playing Preston (another Championship club).

I drive up from S Devon with two of my children (both adults) - so when the ticket prices were announced for this game - much to my annoyance this was just a non starter!

Feel totally let down!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I guess the club think the prices are pretty good compared to a walk up price, but fail to acknowledge that 80% of supporters are season card holders who won't see these prices as such a good deal.

And given that U12/U19/U22/Adult prices are £1/£5/£10/£22, I don't see the average income per ticket being much over £10 anyway. Let's say they sell 4,000 adult tickets at £22 (including Fulham fans), if they set the top price to £15(£12) they'd need to attract an extra 1,870 (3,330) adults to generate the same ticket income. It goes without saying that there would be an intangible goodwill benefit from setting low prices as well.

I'll decide on Friday whether I'll be attending in person. I only live around the corner so it would be less hassle than a jittery hesgoal stream for me.

Also the money spent inside the stadium/fan park on food and drink, club shop etc by the extra fans that attend.

I won't be going so that's £65 ticket money and probably another £30/40 spent in the concourse on beverages they'll miss out on.

• Like 1

Also and i don't know how easy this would have been logistically, this would've been a perfect opportunity for City fans to reward the fans who didn't ask for their season ticket money back during covid with a free ticket for this game.

I know we've just lost a shedload of money in the recent acounts but surely it wouldn't have cost the club too much and a fine gesture for the fans generousity?

• Like 1

Just now, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Also and i don't know how easy this would have been logistically, this would've been a perfect opportunity for City fans to reward the fans who didn't ask for their season ticket money back during covid with a free ticket for this game.

I know we've just lost a shedload of money in the recent acounts but surely it wouldn't have cost the club too much and a fine gesture for the fans generousity?

I think the least you can charge is £10.

45 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Also the money spent inside the stadium/fan park on food and drink, club shop etc by the extra fans that attend.

I won't be going so that's £65 ticket money and probably another £30/40 spent in the concourse on beverages they'll miss out on.

Yeh I understand all prices outside and inside stadium have gone up,cost me £13.50 for 2burgers and bottle of coke, pie outside the stadium from now on,

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If that’s true then I refuse to believe they have pitched the ticket prices at the most profitable price point, and have therefore shot themselves in the foot as well as creating a lot of bad PR with the fans.

I'm a ST  holder ,but refuse to pay these over priced prices, should be £10 adults , then quid a kid, would have got a bigger crowd, 

• Like 1