IGNORED

Fulham in the Cup

BCFCGav

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

think it was confirmed on another thread that the above is no longer the rule.

Here it is:

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/the-price-of-change-new-fa-cup-rule-stings-home-and-away-fans/

I didn’t realise Man Utd season ticket holders are obliged to buy cup tickets whether they attend or not. Hope we don’t ever impose such a rule! 

1 hour ago, dave36 said:

Easy to buy tickets - parking at the Gate though, need it and you are in trouble!
If Customer service don’t spark soon I’ll be looking for refunds! Over an hour wasted yesterday and again today! 
totally ridiculous- FLO time to kick some butt!

Update! Finally got through, parking being sold alongside tickets today! You could not make it up!

Just had a quick look at the ticket availability and I've never seen such a low level of sales - just 9 seats sold in upper E34 (old A Block) for instance. 

Not sure of the total sold but the ground will look empty.

I'm not sure if Covid is having a big impact or if its the high ticket costs, and it was obvious that this game wouldn't attract a big crowd, but I didn't realise the ticket sales would be so low.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Just had a quick look at the ticket availability and I've never seen such a low level of sales - just 9 seats sold in upper E34 (old A Block) for instance. 

Not sure of the total sold but the ground will look empty.

I'm not sure if Covid is having a big impact or if its the high ticket costs, and it was obvious that this game wouldn't attract a big crowd, but I didn't realise the ticket sales would be so low.

Just after Xmas, covid, team in our own league we`re likely to lose to, straight off the back of three home games and Cardiff at home in a couple of weeks, play them again next week, high ticket prices, crap weather forecast.

The perfect storm really - I`m surprised the club didn`t spot it.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Just after Xmas, covid, team in our own league we`re likely to lose to, straight off the back of three home games and Cardiff at home in a couple of weeks, play them again next week, high ticket prices, crap weather forecast.

Forgot to add early kick off too.

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Agree with all that.

Even so, I'm surprised that the sales are that low. I would have expected around 8k-10k, but I think it will be more like 5k-6k maybe.

Unless Fulham bring 4k :shocking:

• Like 1

Reading this thread and info on Cardiff fans not being happy about paying £33.00 for Adult ticket, got me thinking just how much is it now for a one off visit to watch a game;

Cardiff game; Over 65 ticket South Stand £30, Lansdown upper £40; add petrol/parking £15, pie and pint.....:dunno: dread to think; have to leave at least 1hr and a half to 2 hrs before start, to get there..... ummm NO be a while before I return sorry :tv_horror:

30 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Agree with all that.

Even so, I'm surprised that the sales are that low. I would have expected around 8k-10k, but I think it will be more like 5k-6k maybe.

Unless Fulham bring 4k :shocking:

Still a few days to go and it will POTD, still think we will get 8-9k.

• Like 1

Just heard that so far City have sold only 3900 tickets, with Fulham just under 400.

I think it's fair to say that City has got this badly wrong.I know of loads of fellow ST'S that like me aren't going.

Adult tickets around the £10-12 mark would have at least guaranteed a crowd of around 15k, and the subsequent takings in the concourse.

I really hoped the days of poor decisions like this were behind us. This is a reminder that we still have some way to go.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Just heard that so far City have sold only 3900 tickets, with Fulham just under 400.

I think it's fair to say that City has got this badly wrong.I know of loads of fellow ST'S that like me aren't going.

Adult tickets around the £10-12 mark would have at least guaranteed a crowd of around 15k, and the subsequent takings in the concourse.

I really hoped the days of poor decisions like this were behind us. This is a reminder that we still have some way to go.

I think we'd have got around the 12-13k mark with decent pricing but you never know?

There were so many red flags for this game as someone mentioned above. 2 home games in 4 days, playing a team in our own division, who we are playing again a week after, early kick, covid etc. I just can't see how the club didn't spot these red flags? Or maybe they just don't care?

It seemed we'd sorted the cup prices a few years ago when it was about the £10-12 mark on our league cup run against Premier League teams like Stoke, Palace etc but now we've seemed to just double the price at the drop of a hat.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

It seemed we'd sorted the cup prices a few years ago when it was about the £10-12 mark on our league cup run against Premier League teams like Stoke, Palace etc but now we've seemed to just double the price at the drop of a hat.

Agree. At £23 for my ticket none of the lads I go with are going. I can only think the club rely on a certain level of turn out, then judge it against how many would turn up at the lower price.

Average of £20 a ticket, they think at least 8,000 will go = £160,000
Halve that to £10 and the have to sell 16k , which after everything else would be expecting a lot. 
Those Cup games Vs Prem sides are easier to sell, the reduced price might tempt the one not sure. Fulham , without all the reasons you mention not to go, would not be a big Gate anyway. TBH , I doubt I'd be tempted if it was £10. After the 2 years the Club has had, I imagine they are trying to get as much money coming in as possible. 

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Agree. At £23 for my ticket none of the lads I go with are going. I can only think the club rely on a certain level of turn out, then judge it against how many would turn up at the lower price.

Halve that to £10 and the have to sell 16k , which after everything else would be expecting a lot. 
Those Cup games Vs Prem sides are easier to sell, the reduced price might tempt the one not sure. Fulham , without all the reasons you mention not to go, would not be a big Gate anyway. TBH , I doubt I'd be tempted if it was £10. After the 2 years the Club has had, I imagine they are trying to get as much money coming in as possible. 

Particularly the ones we played, Palace and Stoke, who were pretty much going to play strong squads as it was a cup they would fancy having a run in.

• Like 1

I'm just hoping for a strong line up and a real desire to win. We ain't going up and we ain't going down. Can't imagine Fulham are too fussed about a cup run, in their league position. It's the sort of game we can get through, so go for it. You can probably guess I am going :laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Yes i can see that but surely the more people you get in the ground the more people spend money in the ground?

Especially those pesky kids with their "Dad can i have this, Dad can i have that?"

Like i said the other day, it's not only the £60 odd ticket money the club will lose from me not going. It's the £30/40 i'd spend in the concourse too!

I guess the club are damned if they do, damned if they don't?!

3 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Yep,I'm a S/T holder in the South Stand, not paying £20+ , should have been £10-12, and Quid a kid, City have got this one Wrong, 

Pearson interview ahead of the game. He doesn't say much more than you'd expect him to.

• League is the priority. If he could pick a game to win, he'd pick the league game (I'd guess that's what most fans would say).
  • Players who haven't played much may get opportunities in this game.
  • Fulham are good.
  • Tanner is out for 2 months, maybe more.
  • Pring is now a full first team player, and is considered as such. 
  • Defence is about the hole team rather than just the back 4 or 5. We're conceding too many goals. Can't improve everything at once and we'll work hard on it.