IGNORED

Fulham in the Cup

BCFCGav

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Pearson interview ahead of the game. He doesn't say much more than you'd expect him to.

• League is the priority. If he could pick a game to win, he'd pick the league game (I'd guess that's what most fans would say).
  • Players who haven't played much may get opportunities in this game.
  • Fulham are good.
  • Tanner is out for 2 months, maybe more.
  • Pring is now a full first team player, and is considered as such. 
  • Defence is about the hole team rather than just the back 4 or 5. We're conceding too many goals. Can't improve everything at once and we'll work hard on it.

I’m not going, nor are the people I sit with.  With NP’s comments about playing an under strength team, and Fulham probably doing the same, there’s little incentive to attend on a freezing cold day in January.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’m not going, nor are the people I sit with.  With NP’s comments about playing an under strength team, and Fulham probably doing the same, there’s little incentive to attend on a freezing cold day in January.  

Nige seemed to think that Fulham might go quite strong because they've not played for a couple of weeks, however they've got 3 league games (including us) in 8 days after Saturday so I can't see it.

27 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I thought he said the opposite ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Pearson interview ahead of the game. He doesn't say much more than you'd expect him to.

• League is the priority. If he could pick a game to win, he'd pick the league game (I'd guess that's what most fans would say).
  • Players who haven't played much may get opportunities in this game.
  • Fulham are good.
  • Tanner is out for 2 months, maybe more.
  • Pring is now a full first team player, and is considered as such. 
  • Defence is about the hole team rather than just the back 4 or 5. We're conceding too many goals. Can't improve everything at once and we'll work hard on it.

https://youtu.be/CrsvqCytE7Y

And he still hates Gregor... ?

(No idea why it didn't embed the YouTube video...)

Edited by !james

46 minutes ago, Loderingo said:

Will be disappointed if we play an understrength team.  Marooned in mid-table so might as well prioritise the cup.

I was thinking about this. If we were just a touch safer - maybe 4 or 5 points - I’d love to see us have a proper go in the cup. But I guess we’re not quite certain enough of our survival yet.

6 minutes ago, !james said:

https://youtu.be/CrsvqCytE7Y

And he still hates Gregor... ?

(No idea why it didn't embed the YouTube video...)

Is Gregor still asking questions? He left the Post a few months ago and I didn't think he was attending the press conferences as a freelancer.

I think Pearson just dislikes doing the press conferences generally tbh.

31 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Pearson said we'd go strong, with maybe a couple of changes. He also said Fulham will go strong as they've had so few games recently. I know a few fans who said they weren't going but have now bought tickets. I'm pretty confident the Gate will be 8000 plus come kick off.

I don’t think we are in a position where we should pass up the chance of earning some money from a cup run.  That’s not to say I think Fulham won’t be a tough game, but I’d like us to give it a real go.  Money spinning 4th round tie???

10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Is Gregor still asking questions? He left the Post a few months ago and I didn't think he was attending the press conferences as a freelancer.

No, he was guesting for the Bristol Community FM guy today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think we are in a position where we should pass up the chance of earning some money from a cup run.  That’s not to say I think Fulham won’t be a tough game, but I’d like us to give it a real go.  Money spinning 4th round tie???

Remember how pissed off SL was when we lost to Shrews and missed out a game with Liverpool that was nailed on for TV.

33 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yep first press conference back now he is working for Bristol World. He is on from 21:18 on the video I posted!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

So was I!

It was to be shown on BBC, and I had my whole weekend planned around it.

Funny, because I had a clash, Flyers had made the final of the BBL Cup in Brum, and because of other games I knew it would be on the Sunday and I’d miss it.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Funny, because I had a clash, Flyers had made the final of the BBL Cup in Brum, and because of other games I knew it would be on the Sunday and I’d miss it.

It was a shame for me as, at the time, I was able to get BBC via satellite, and we had planned a Sunday afternoon around the log fire and TV, to be followed by a traditional roast.

We still had a lovely afternoon, but somehow it just wasn’t the same.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I do….I’ve often commented on here that I think that was the first point of his eventual sacking.

Yeah, I remember saying at the time that, whilst it wasn't enough by itself to get him sacked, it wouldn't have gone down well at all with the powers that be and you can bet it was taken into the equation when they considered his position.

3 adults here not prepared to pay £20 each for a game neither team will be that bothered about.  £10 each and we would be going and probably spending another £10 each on food and drink, so BCFC lose £60 here.

I doubt there will be more than 8k going tomorrow.

The only channel broadcasting is ESPN as far as I can tell, so I guess we will be able to find a stream somewhere - I do hate their commentary though. their commentators seem to know bugger all about football.

• Like 1

So I decided to bite the bullet and go. Ticket added to my account, but nothing emailed. Never had a problem before (ticket emails are instant or take a minute or two), and no it is not in the junk mail folder. That was nearly an hour ago. I'll give it a couple of hours before I panic. Has anyone else had any issues today? (Unlikely I know, 'cus no-one on here is going :) )

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

So I decided to bite the bullet and go. Ticket added to my account, but nothing emailed. Never had a problem before (ticket emails are instant or take a minute or two), and no it is not in the junk mail folder. That was nearly an hour ago. I'll give it a couple of hours before I panic. Has anyone else had any issues today? (Unlikely I know, 'cus no-one on here is going :) )

I know they are massively short staffed at the moment, so unless it is normally an automated email I would say it was because of this

• Thanks 1

At the prices the club is charging and kick off time I'll be giving it a miss and going to my local non league team Clevedon Town 

Can be a good reality check for fans of bigger clubs to go and see their local non league team. They all struggle financially but are invariably friendly and the standard of football and facilities can be excellent. 

Want the city to win but cannot motivate myself at those prices. Poor decision City