IGNORED

Fulham in the Cup

BCFCGav

3 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

So I decided to bite the bullet and go. Ticket added to my account, but nothing emailed. Never had a problem before (ticket emails are instant or take a minute or two), and no it is not in the junk mail folder. That was nearly an hour ago. I'll give it a couple of hours before I panic. Has anyone else had any issues today? (Unlikely I know, 'cus no-one on here is going :) )

3 hours ago, phantom said:

I know they are massively short staffed at the moment, so unless it is normally an automated email I would say it was because of this

In case anyone else was buying a last minute ticket today (fools), mine took nearly 4 hours to arrive by email. Er, at least I got it right? Will I regret going more than I would have regretted not going? Probably :) For those on the hesgoal stream, I'm the one in the Dolman.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

There`s bound to be a surprise when the team is named tomorrow, there always is in a cup match. My guess is one of these:

Tommy Conway starts

Kasey Palmer starts

Bakes is back 

I think this could be the chance for the forgotten and not quite so forgotten men.

Reckon Palmer, DaSilva, Bents and Wells could all be in with a chance of a start - assuming no interest has been expressed from other Clubs in them. 

Would be interesting to see how they preform. We want a Cup run financially, so it’s not a dead rubber, even though the League is more important. Arguably, their inclusion should strengthen us - on paper at least. 

The selection will tell us an awful lot about where we are going with Nige player-wise. 

• Admin
22 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I did ask the question to our lesser spotted slo on his bit of the forum but obviously not deemed important enough to warrant a reply

Jerry has been really busy helping staff shortages around the club recently 

I know it was raised higher up the food chain but by then decisions had been made. 

I would say the same mistake won't be repeated 

• Hmmm 1

This could be our lowest home F A cup attendance since??

In 2005 we were knocked out in the first round by Notts County, don’t know what the crowd was but I think we've reached or started in at least round 3 ever since.

Edit. Before anyone says last season = no fans, that doesn’t count

Edited by ralphindevon

4 hours ago, phantom said:

I know it was raised higher up the food chain but by then decisions had been made. 

I'd love to believe you but I can't! We make the same mistakes season after season and never learn, we are a shambles of a club from the top down

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, phantom said:

I would also say that maybe those lower down the food chain should be empowered to make bigger decisions as those at the top have proved they are incapable time after time!

• Sad 1

I realistically am far too busy to go anyway but the price put me off too, my man utd season ticket holding family told me that for ST holders they don’t pay more than the pro-rata price for any other domestic game for cup games, or at least not early round ones anyway. If that was the case maybe I’d be going but alas it looks like it’s going to be pretty empty 

12 hours ago, RedRock said:

I think this could be the chance for the forgotten and not quite so forgotten men.

Reckon Palmer, DaSilva, Bents and Wells could all be in with a chance of a start - assuming no interest has been expressed from other Clubs in them. 

Would be interesting to see how they preform. We want a Cup run financially, so it’s not a dead rubber, even though the League is more important. Arguably, their inclusion should strengthen us - on paper at least. 

The selection will tell us an awful lot about where we are going with Nige player-wise. 

Just seen this on Bristol Live. Why not play all three. Nahki, Weimann and Martin and see what happens.

Attack

Which brings up nicely into the main area for debate: who out of Chris Martin, Andi Weimann and Nahki Wells will get the nod? All have strong cases for inclusion but there are only two spots available with Pearson wanting a pair in the final third.

To go through each combination: Martin and Weimann has been the manager’s go-to options with the former’s physical presence, aerial strength and touch play and the Austrian running in behind; it’s clear there’s an established chemistry there and they’re the obvious pick, having also started against QPR.

Martin and Wells offers a similar dynamic, with the latter also probably the best finisher at the club, but that means taking Weimann out of the starting XI which doesn’t seems a realistic option right now, given how hard he works on and off the ball.

6 hours ago, underover said:

I realistically am far too busy to go anyway but the price put me off too, my man utd season ticket holding family told me that for ST holders they don’t pay more than the pro-rata price for any other domestic game for cup games, or at least not early round ones anyway. If that was the case maybe I’d be going but alas it looks like it’s going to be pretty empty 

The difference is you have to buy a ticket even if your not going 

part of the season ticket rules 

16 hours ago, MattWSM said:

Is this on Robins TV?

Everyone talking about dodgy streams and proxies - the game is being streamed free on most of the big betting sites or apps. When you hear moved for international TV these days in the FA Cup it just means the betting industry hoovered up all the remaining games so long as by law they don't kick off at 3pm.

As an example livevideo.betfair.com

F5FD6206-9821-4BE1-B738-8C809B5AB84C.thumb.jpeg.6329503c977087f2034c1b46bc6d211e.jpeg

I do not encourage gambling (everyone else in football already has that covered) but personally if I do use any of these sites I use the Betfair exchange so that I know I'm at least up against other people.

If you use any of these sites today bear in mind they may require a small deposit I.e. £5 to watch the stream but you can bet that on a stone cold certainty for example Joey Barton completing the double.

62438073-3EE7-4213-A22B-A734D8BD79C2.jpeg.d9d43487856c50082cab42fbbcef6176.jpeg

City game moved to 1230 so international  fans gamblers can watch. This is modern football for you.

P.S. if this has been any help for you consider using this link to signup to Betfair and whatever blood money they give me for referring you I will collect and donate to Help Bristol's Homeless: 

https://promos.betfair.com/choose-your-refer-and-earn-offer?referrerCode=UJNTQNKQM