IGNORED

Coventry fan in concourse yesterday

Royce5nine

1 minute ago, phantom said:

I've friends that have been together for years, she's a lifelong City fan and he's a lifelong Cov fan. 

Both well respected at both clubs when they attend both clubs I wonder what you would say to them? 

Ps I did check, she wasn't at the game 

"It's all wrong.......we've even got inter club supporter marriages now...........where will it all end? There will be a civil war soon, mark my words, all started by Bristol City FC and it's "day tripper" fans. Personally, I refuse to even look at opposition fans let alone live with them".......

The laughable thing though is that there are way too many people who think you are only a proper fan if you display that famed "edginess" at a game. Otherwise, the same people who would get all offended, uppity, defensive and probably start crying if you called them a hooligan will call you a day tripper.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Whilst I don’t think anyone would advocate smashing this Cov fan about, the point being made is actually a fair one. 
The question really is, when did it become acceptable to wear a rival team’s shirt in the home area of a football ground? 
I accept that we weren’t playing Cov, so essentially the colours were neutral, but it should also be accepted that this is a rival team in our division. 
If I walked into Cov’s ground last week versus Millwall, dressed in a BCFC shirt, I’d be expecting the stewards to refuse me entry. 
Is the fact that this person was allowed entry based on the fact that she was a female? If it was a male, would they have been allowed in? 
As said, I wouldn’t advocate smacking people, but it’s odd that someone is allowed to sport non-BCFC colours in the home section. 

Hang on, last month you were moaning about people having freedom of choice stripped away with entry to the ground and now you're trying to say what people should or shouldn't be allowed to wear?  If it's a neutral team, then why should it cause any problems? Bizzarre....

It's almost as if we don't see United, Chelsea, Arsenal etc shirts in the ground every home game.

Oddly I don't and haven't worn football colours at games for decades now, not coz I like a good punch up but mostly because I don't think the way football is policed, left a QPR game years ago and was kettled into trouble by the police for being an identifiable football fan haven't worn colours since.   As far as a lady wearing a Coventry top at Ashton Gate maybe she came with a City supporting partner and was there for a the day, I've personally taken in many other teams games out of curiosity (never worn a city top to one though) but hay each to their own.

Wearing the colors of a team not involved in a match is weird no matter what anyone says. 

As a rule of thumb I avoid weirdo’s and the weirdos once removed they hang out with! 

if you have a girlfriend who wants to wear another teams colors not playing dump her stupid ass would be my very good advice as she likes attention a little to much!

Best wishes Dr Oxo. Life Coach!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 1

56 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Hang on, last month you were moaning about people having freedom of choice stripped away with entry to the ground and now you're trying to say what people should or shouldn't be allowed to wear?  If it's a neutral team, then why should it cause any problems? Bizzarre....

It's almost as if we don't see United, Chelsea, Arsenal etc shirts in the ground every home game.

Jeez. There’s a term people like to use in situations like this. 
Whataboutery. 
How have you managed to link my views on vaccine passports to someone wearing a Cov shirt! 
Bizarre. 

For the record - I’ve not questioned whether she can or can’t wear such an item - I’ve merely made the observation that had I, as a 47 year old well built male, paraded a City shirt in the home end at Cov v Millwall last week, I’d have expected to have been challenged by the stewards and at minimum told to “keep your jacket shut pal”. 

As another poster has said, it’s just a bit weird to wear another teams kit, isn’t it. 
I’ll be going to Forest Green this evening, but I won’t be wearing a City shirt - it would just be a bit weird. 

• Like 1

What should have happened is that a gang of lashed up knuckle dragging boneheads should have shouted “A…G…A…G…R…A…G…R…O DYSLEXIC AGGRO” before hurling anything that isn’t screwed down at the disrespectful Yam-Yam, followed up by charging her across Ashton Park fists windmilling, screaming ‘CSF’ whilst a couple of 14 year olds film the air, the ground, a bit of milling around and a copper on a horse before posting it to a ‘We iz a ‘ard firm’ website

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Judda said:

There were some spanish lads behind me and on exit I tapped him on the shoulder and said I hope he enjoyed it.

Don't know why he was in Bristol but I have been warmly welcomed at Sparta Prague and nou camp so no complaints from me.

Airbus employ a lot of spanish (good gig if they can get it!) so maybe a link?

2 hours ago, Judda said:

There were some spanish lads behind me and on exit I tapped him on the shoulder and said I hope he enjoyed it.

Don't know why he was in Bristol but I have been warmly welcomed at Sparta Prague and nou camp so no complaints from me.

My mate wore a Dukla Prague away kit shirt to the Gate, but that's another story...

• Haha 1