IGNORED

Blackpool away weekend

Olé

• Admin
20 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

I find Blackpool such a Sh1thole it’s actually good haha if you get what I mean! Going once a few years is ok wouldn’t wanna live there tho haha

I understand 

11 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

It’s like a bigger version of WSM ….nuff said ….:yawn:

I guess me living in Weston influences my opinion 

I reckon City "owe" Blackpool big time. That stoppage time equaliser in August (IMO) psychologically affected the team and fans who thought they had a win to start the season.

After that we went into games expecting to concede at the end.

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Apart from Yorkshire who head for Scarborough or Skeggy,

Skeggy is for those from Nottingham and Leicester, rather than Yorkshire.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

WSM, mainly as a simple journey down the M5

If you draw a line across the UK roughly Stoke area, anything North of there head to the Golden Mile

Stokies traditionally went to Rhyl for “Potters fortnight”. To be honest, they can have Rhyl to themselves, because I don’t think anyone else wants it. A lot of the time it’s like a wet winter midweek in Stoke, so I guess they feel at home!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 04/01/2022 at 17:46, Lanterne Rouge said:

Apart from Yorkshire who head for Scarborough or Skeggy,

We Yorkshire golf tend to go to Whitby, Scarbs is becoming trendy in recent years and has some green shoots so to speak.

We've got the Lakes uo the road and the Dales and Bronte country are bad either, I LOVE YORKSHIRE, I can't see me ever leaving.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

13 hours ago, MattWSM said:

Far from it,  greats walks, parks, restaurants and pubs, also good connections via rail and road

I went to college in Weston. Also my dad grew up there. I have happy memories of going to the pier, The Pool (Tropicana), Knightstone, old and new pier (old) and the beach. More recently, walking to Uphill, Kewstoke. 
I’ve always liked WSM, it is what it is, some parts are a bit downtrodden but there are nice bits too. #BringbackDolphinSquare.

• Like 1

That scottish bar in the sidestreets near bloomfield.

If you put ten p in the bucket, you were allowed to smoke indoors.

He had two fine issues from the council from behind the bar.

The bucket went towards the next fine he said, 

That was when brooker scored in the last minute.

That was the wettest weekend in blackpool, in a august since records began.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I went to college in Weston. Also my dad grew up there. I have happy memories of going to the pier, The Pool (Tropicana), Knightstone, old and new pier (old) and the beach. More recently, walking to Uphill, Kewstoke. 
I’ve always liked WSM, it is what it is, some parts are a bit downtrodden but there are nice bits too. #BringbackDolphinSquare.

Yes its a nice place to live, granted WsM High St is struggling just like every High St in the country but shops is not really my thing, like I said before good food, good beer, walks, cycle ways fresh air, beautiful scenery with woods, beach, parks there is plenty, good rail and road connections, all on a level, so it is hard to beat. Sad to see opinions like this as not true at all but if the comments are based on shops and that's your thing then agree it needs a boost but so do most towns and cities.  Would be surprised we have shoppers on here...

anyway each to its own, I'm now on the seafront  after a walk and about to go for a breakfast, so it puzzles me how many can knock that life.

Wsm is far more then the Street with the amusements and the brummie in the summertime.. haha

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MattWSM said:

Yes its a nice place to live, granted WsM High St is struggling just like every High St in the country but shops is not really my thing, like I said before good food, good beer, walks, cycle ways fresh air, beautiful scenery with woods, beach, parks there is plenty, good rail and road connections, all on a level, so it is hard to beat. Sad to see opinions like this as not true at all but if the comments are based on shops and that's your thing then agree it needs a boost but so do most towns and cities.  Would be surprised we have shoppers on here...

anyway each to its own, I'm now on the seafront  after a walk and about to go for a breakfast, so it puzzles me how many can knock that life.

Wsm is far more then the Street with the amusements and the brummie in the summertime.. haha

If there’s a nice part of w-s-m I’m yet to find it. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

My lad was mascot when we lost at Bloomfield when we had a chance of playoffs and got hammered 4~0 , thinks Danny Wilson was manager . I thought Blackpool was a bit tacky and rundown but nice enough . Benidorm only has the weather going for it . Brean and Sand Bay was our holiday destination as a kid and last night was always into Wesson for fish n chip and  the pier . Weston gets a bad name sometimes but not from me , lots of rehab and recovery . Houses seems quite cheap not sure this is due to the treatment centres in and around Weston.