IGNORED

Finances - Transfer Impact (ins and outs)

Harry

5 hours ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

Mahrez cost about £450000 when signed by Leicester. Sold to Man City for £60 million 4 years later.

That's what is called top grade scouting..........whoever it was who spotted his long term potential, surely deserved a fat healthy bonus?

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

That's what is called top grade scouting..........whoever it was who spotted his long term potential, surely deserved a fat healthy bonus?

Very interesting that yesterday Nige said that Steve Walsh wasn’t just his head of recruitment but his coach too (Rob Mackenzie his technical recruitment guy).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Considering they were 500/1 to win the league.....I believe they deserved some clemency for their incredible achievement.  I'm sure they were not the only club bending the rules to their advantage? ?

About 5,000/1 when they won the whole thing and didn't break the rules.

If we don't do the same thing , I'm having a quiet word :laughcont:

53 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

True , but even EFL admitted there was a grey area of interpretation. It was a compromise fine with QPR too. Early days of FFP . I’m still surprised no one has taken a legal challenge to FFP when the league allows the Prem to give a clear financial advantage to some competitors . I’m am told there is a very good case to argue that EFL allows anything but financial fair play . I though a club like Stoke would have mounted that challenge . 

it is not FFP when the EFL allows some competitors to receive 40 m from the Prem . 

It's Profit & Sustainability rather than FFP, which removes any pretence that it is about fair play.

Fair play is certainly not what the Prem wants and they dictate terms to the EFL.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Very interesting that yesterday Nige said that Steve Walsh wasn’t just his head of recruitment but his coach too (Rob Mackenzie his technical recruitment guy).

The more I heard from the way NP likes to operate the more I think he operates as something I imagine being between a DoF and manager. With a team of coaches that are also heads of areas so essentially also doing management jobs.

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think that’s the point of trying to tie him down now, so that we can move in this window if we need to (at worst in the summer).  I suspect negotiations are quite advanced for Nige to confirm we are talking.

I don’t necessarily agree with those who say his fee will be lower in the summer.  If he has a good second half of the season it could go up too.  But you are right about September, that’s when it falls off a Cliff!

Yeah probably agree with what you say. But it is so sad to see such a young talent not maybe wanting to or the club able to offer what is needed to keep him. I feel he could be a special player in time.

4 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yeah probably agree with what you say. But it is so sad to see such a young talent not maybe wanting to or the club able to offer what is needed to keep him. I feel he could be a special player in time.

I’ll cross that bridge and assess the situation if he doesn’t sign! ?

• Hmmm 1

45 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

How did the club find him in the first place?

Think the rumour is that Michael Emanalo (ex-Sporting Director of Chelsea) was just about to be sacked by Monaco, as Henry had lost his job, and because of his dealings with us with Tammy Abraham, he offered Han-Noah to us.

Could be BS, but it lines up.

• Thanks 1