IGNORED

Under 23's

Gillies Downs Leeds

1 minute ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

There’s quite a love in for Cundy for some reason by a few posters on here. Are we expecting him to make the step up? Has he consistently performed whilst out on loan? I’m expecting prime Beckenbauer. 

No love in from me. Thought he had a good loan at Gillingham in League one last season. Big first ball winning centre back, interested to see if he can make the step up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

There’s quite a love in for Cundy for some reason by a few posters on here. Are we expecting him to make the step up? Has he consistently performed whilst out on loan? I’m expecting prime Beckenbauer. 

Calm down.

He’s done well in L2 then L1, which suggests he might make it.

No one is suggesting anything of the sort.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RedNachos said:

Knight-Lebel seems a good prospect to be consistently starting  at his age in that team, also, no sign of Idehen, any idea when he might feature?

“Patti” is one I’ve really been impressed by….only 16.

@Engvall’s Splinter
Cundy did well at Cambridge in L2 last season (pre-Xmas) and then again stepping up a level with Gills as @Gillies Downs Leedsstated.

No idea how he will do at Champ level, but at least it’s good to see him on the pitch, after his injury issues.

5 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

No love in from me. Thought he had a good loan at Gillingham in League one last season. Big first ball winning centre back, interested to see if he can make the step up.

I presume if he can get up to speed pretty quick, he’ll rise above Towler in the pecking order. Similar type of player to Flint?

Edited by Engvall’s Splinter

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Calm down.

He’s done well in L2 then L1, which suggests he might make it.

No one is suggesting anything of the sort.

Don't know if 'calm down' is the right response to his question, i'm also intrigued what the fuss is about. Not in a way intended to criticise Cundy, but genuine interest as I've only seen him in 2 pre-seasoners. Beckanbauer would be nice

18 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I presume if he can get up to speed pretty quick, he’ll rise above Towler in the pecking order. Similar type of player to Flint?

Similar career trajectory to Flint!!!  When at Bath he showed decent ability on the ball too…but that wasn’t on show in his EFL loans….Gillingham in particular very direct.

5 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

There’s quite a love in for Cundy for some reason by a few posters on here. Are we expecting him to make the step up? 

Nope. And fwiw I've actually seen him play live - for Bath .v. Torquay.

Morton and HInds played for Bath that day, too, Janneh, Andrews and Lemonheigh-heigh-it'sthemonkees for Torquay. None of them screamed "Championship player in the making" to me.

Cundy has done all that's been asked of him since then of course, so you never know for sure. But I have my doubts. Happy to be proved wrong though.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Morton and HInds played for Bath that day, too, Janneh, Andrews and Lemonheigh-heigh-it'sthemonkees for Torquay. None of them screamed "Championship player in the making" to me.

Cundy has done all that's been asked of him since then of course, so you never know for sure. But I have my doubts. Happy to be proved wrong though.  

Tis a fair point, you never know where the ceiling is. He might’ve been at it at Gills. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Was there as well.  I thought he looked decent..... but it was 6th tier, Conference South level.

As well as the aforementioned, Jack Batten, Frankie Artus plus an enormous Kevin Amankwaah featured.

8 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Anyone know where Morton disappeared to? He was leaving, then it fell through but I don’t remember him being released and never plays for the U23s. Not that I’d expect him to be Champ standard, just curious. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Saw Cundy play for Gillingham on Sky v Lincoln, he did really well.

His loan spells there and at Cambridge have seen him really kick on since Bath, L1 isn’t the Championship but unlike the others you mention, it does suggest he has a chance.

1 hour ago, Mendip City said:

Anyone know where Morton disappeared to? He was leaving, then it fell through but I don’t remember him being released and never plays for the U23s. Not that I’d expect him to be Champ standard, just curious. 

Injury

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Sounds like Pearson’s kind of forward! 

long, long way from 1st team standard, not like a Bell or Conway where you think they might be able to do something 

9 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

If Cundy can get back fit and play to the standard he was in league one last season I expect we’ll see him get a go. One particular factor, if we think a team are going to go back to front against us Cundy is good in the air, won a lot of headers in his loan spell. 

12 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I personally haven't seen anything of Bell that makes me think hes even close to the football league standard but then what do I know! 

Bell even if he won't score you goals at our level yet still can effect the game, his pace, pressing, positioning and link play can all help and he's got the football brain so to say thats at our level.