IGNORED

Under 23's

Gillies Downs Leeds

11 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Was there as well.  I thought he looked decent..... but it was 6th tier, Conference South level.

As well as the aforementioned, Jack Batten, Frankie Artus plus an enormous Kevin Amankwaah featured.

Yes, I'd forgotten about them. Quite the City re-union wasn't it - I think Opi Edwards came on for Torquay too and Gary Johnson their manager obviously. I was mistaken about Morton though - he didn't play that day.

I hadn't been near that ground since May 1990 but it was an enjoyable afternoon - old school "facilities", a good atmosphere, Torquay brought quite a lot, plenty of noisy Bathonians in their end side. Torquay missed a penalty, Bath with a late winner, a lively game. Saying hello to Ken Loach. A dodgy curry afterwards.... yeah, that bit wasn't great but otherwise a good day out. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Another Semenyo? 

I'd say somewhat harsh to say given Bell hasn't been given many (if any?) chances to get shots away in 1st team games yet, point being his all round game would still contribute, where younger players like Palmer-Houlden's all round games would still be way too far away to do so

7 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yes, I'd forgotten about them. Quite the City re-union wasn't it - I think Opi Edwards came on for Torquay too and Gary Johnson their manager obviously. I was mistaken about Morton though - he didn't play that day.

I hadn't been near that ground since May 1990 but it was an enjoyable afternoon - old school "facilities", a good atmosphere, Torquay brought quite a lot, plenty of noisy Bathonians in their end side. Torquay missed a penalty, Bath with a late winner, a lively game. Saying hello to Ken Loach. A dodgy curry afterwards.... yeah, that bit wasn't great but otherwise a good day out. 

Fab that I got to walk 10 feet from where I was watching the match to get a hot dog - during a first half stoppage! ?

As you say, a great day out - and despite Gas assertions that Bath fans are all secret Rovers fans, I found them very friendly. Happy that the substantial City contingent had boosted the gate takings. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Another Semenyo? 

Sam Bell has got football intelligence that I would suggest Semenyo didn't have at the same age. Whether he can convert that into appearances and goals at Championship level remains to be seen. Bur certainly unfair to compare him to others in a negative way when the kid has barely played.

• Like 1

Just now, robin_unreliant said:

Hope Cundy is on the road back to full fitness in the near future. It would be interesting to see if he is good enough to become part of the first team squad. 

Agree, good to see him back.

The absence of Conway, Bell & Towler suggests they will be around the first team squad now.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see how Soady develops.

I'm not suggesting for a minute he is a solution right now  - I think he's actually on loan at Paulton, even though he's playing for us - but I'd imagine the club's view of his development would have an impact on how we went about replacing Dasilva, in the sense of whether we want a stop gap for 18 months or someone who can challenge for left back alongside Pring or LWB alongside O'Dowda for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

It'll be interesting to see how Soady develops.

I'm not suggesting for a minute he is a solution right now  - I think he's actually on loan at Paulton, even though he's playing for us - but I'd imagine the club's view of his development would have an impact on how we went about replacing Dasilva, in the sense of whether we want a stop gap for 18 months or someone who can challenge for left back alongside Pring or LWB alongside O'Dowda for the foreseeable future. 

Soady playing today as Paultons game at Taunton tonight has been called off.

2 minutes ago, westonred said:

They scored two quick goals as soon as Cundy went off not sure if thats a coincidence or maybe we just ran out of steam as its their first game since November

The u23s played last week against Cirencester in the Glos Cup….lost 2-3.

Good to see Cundy get 75 mins (and a goal) to add to his 45 in the above match.

1   Cardiff City U23 13 11 0 2 29 8 +21 33 LWWWW
2   Bristol City U23 11 8 1 2 30 17 +13 25 DWLWW
3   Millwall U23 14 6 2 6 24 24 +0 20 LWDDL
4   Ipswich Town U23 13 6 3 4 30 20 +10 21 DWDLW
5   Charlton Athle… 11 5 2 4 24 21 +3 17 WDWLW
6   Colchester Uni… 10 4 2 4 14 12 +2 14 LWLWL
7   Swansea City U23 13 3 3 7 15 23 -8 12 WLDLL
8   Watford U23 12 3 2 7 14 26 -12 11 LLLLL
9   Queens Park Ra… 12 3 1 8 14 27 -13 10  
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:
1   Cardiff City U23 13 11 0 2 29 8 +21 33 LWWWW  
2   Bristol City U23 11 8 1 2 30 17 +13 25 DWLWW  
3   Millwall U23 14 6 2 6 24 24 +0 20 LWDDL  
4   Ipswich Town U23 13 6 3 4 30 20 +10 21 DWDLW  
5   Charlton Athle… 11 5 2 4 24 21 +3 17 WDWLW  
6   Colchester Uni… 10 4 2 4 14 12 +2 14 LWLWL  
7   Swansea City U23 13 3 3 7 15 23 -8 12 WLDLL  
8   Watford U23 12 3 2 7 14 26 -12 11 LLLLL  
9   Queens Park Ra… 12 3 1 8 14 27 -13 10  

My ignorance, but is there some form of promotion/relegation in the U23 leagues? the blue bars by 1st and 2nd suggest there's some sort of distinction made for finishing there.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

My ignorance, but is there some form of promotion/relegation in the U23 leagues? the blue bars by 1st and 2nd suggest there's some sort of distinction made for finishing there.

They go into a end of season play off with the top two from the northern section to determine the seasons champion. 

• Thanks 1