IGNORED

Robbored missing?

PHILINFRANCE

I wasn't really sure where (or whether) to post this, but I haven't seen any posts from @Robbored for quite some time.

Does anybody know how he is?

I am not aware that he has been banned (but, obviously, I wouldn't be), and I was just wondering if anybody reading this thread might know him personally and be able to vouch for the fact he is in good health.

Do you have any idea @phantom?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I wasn't really sure where (or whether) to post this, but I haven't seen any posts from @Robbored for quite some time.

I am not aware that he has been banned (but, obviously, I wouldn't be), and I was just wondering if anybody reading this thread might know him personally and be able to vouch for the fact he is in good health.

Weirdly i almost started a thread yesterday. Hope all is ok with him.

Just noticed he was online 4 hours ago.

Edited by Super
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Super said:

Weirdly i almost started a thread yesterday. Hope all is ok with him.

Just noticed he was online 4 hours ago.

Thanks for that, good to know.

I had checked on the official site, but couldn't find anything and was a little bit concerned.

Perhaps he just made a New Year's resolution not to post unless it was sensible and unlikely to cause bickering - hence the silence ?.

• Haha 4

• Admin
1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I understand he is on a "holiday" from posting, but can view

Will look into it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Thanks for that, good to know.

I had checked on the official site, but couldn't find anything and was a little bit concerned.

Perhaps he just made a New Year's resolution not to post unless it was sensible and unlikely to cause bickering - hence the silence ?.

And fairies exist !!!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, !james said:

Yeah I assume he was given a 'break' after some of his unbelievable comments in the politics threads. 

Ooh! What did he say?!

I've never been to the politics forum and never will, because well, you know, 'tis a place for sad hateful cu nts innit ;)

Edited by City Rocker
  • Haha 2

I’d like to welcome @Robboredback to the bosom of OTIB.

How I’ve missed his passion. His ever so articulate posts. His somewhat personal take on the nuances of the beautiful game.

And of course that wonderful avatar of his. That he says reminds him of a one time boss…..

Anyway back to his thoughts on the how Danny Wilson was a better man than Steve Cotterill.

And whoever used the analogy of lobbing the wood at the Jack…. I almost choked on my oat milk flat white.

Robbored. I’ve missed you ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, swanker said:

Absolutely top bloke who gets some underserved stick. I’d like to know who it was that put the boot in and got him banned?

Nobody “put the boot in”.

What you have to remember about Robbored is that he plays on saying mildly controversial things, and does enjoy borderline trolling. It’s entertaining at times, and I don’t think he means badly by it.

I didn’t report him, but I believe he got given a holiday after he made comments that were the wrong side of that “mildly controversial” line and went into straight out offensive in a conversation about Covid where, at best, he misjudged the appropriateness of things he said about breaking regulations when others were sharing stories about loss, and not being able to hug dying loved ones. I don’t think he meant bad (I don’t think you can work for the NHS for that long and be a bad person), but he undoubtedly said the wrong things.

I think he’d probably admit that himself.

The trouble is if you post things to deliberately start fires, sometimes you get burnt.

I am, however, glad to see him back and look forward to winding him up and posting running jokes over GJ and the official site going forward.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Nobody “put the boot in”.

What you have to remember about Robbored is that he plays on saying mildly controversial things, and does enjoy borderline trolling. It’s entertaining at times, and I don’t think he means badly by it.

I didn’t report him, but I believe he got given a holiday after he made comments that were the wrong side of that “mildly controversial” line and went into straight out offensive in a conversation about Covid where, at best, he misjudged the appropriateness of things he said about breaking regulations when others were sharing stories about loss, and not being able to hug dying loved ones. I don’t think he meant bad (I don’t think you can work for the NHS for that long and be a bad person), but he undoubtedly said the wrong things.

I think he’d probably admit that himself.

The trouble is if you post things to deliberately start fires, sometimes you get burnt.

I am, however, glad to see him back and look forward to winding him up and posting running jokes over GJ and the official site going forward.

OMG! Is that why you never see @Robbored and Boris Johnson in the same room?

11 hours ago, Slacker said:

I love the different characters on here.Its great fun if it's not malicious. Really miss people like Tommy and Aizoon.

agreed, though on this occasion it did cross the line into malicious and I think it one of the very rare times (possibly the only time) that a ban was justified.

45 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

agreed, though on this occasion it did cross the line into malicious and I think it one of the very rare times (possibly the only time) that a ban was justified.

I don't know what was said to cause his little holiday,but I agree that there needs to be a line at some point that shouldn't be crossed.