IGNORED

The Dead of 2022

phantom

At their height of fame, the Members were on a UK tour with Eddie and The Hot Rods.

We turned up on a Monday night at The Locarno only to be turned away. Gig had been cancelled last minute. Rumour was the headliners (Eddie and HR) didn't like the Members getting better crowd reaction. Anyone else go?

8 hours ago, TomF said:

Shirley Hughes, 94 - author of child books such as Alfie.    Can't be many of us who've not been read one of her books as a young un or read her books to our little uns. 

Ummm me, Tom!  I had never heard of her until this week.

My son was read Thomas the Tank and Captain Underpants amongst others that I've forgotten. I did try The Famous Five (I loved the books as a kid) but he wasn't impressed!

As a bloke who just turned 60 last year, this thread isn't an easy read at all, but it is nice to see some of the tributes the OTIBers are putting on here for those no longer with us.

Hearing of the passing of Shane Warne today just felt unreal. He felt like an ever present personality in sport that you sort of somehow take for granted. I have to admit that I had never heard of the guy in The Members (Nicky Tesco)  :laugh: but what a great punk name. RIP to all.

Edited by AppyDAZE

2 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Her spotty plane gave her a whole new career.

Cbeebies was the only channel available to us for a couple of years! Come Outside was educational for us oldies as well.

Should have been Wendy Richards, surely ?

All joking aside, great shame lovely actress..................I loved it when Gladys used to mother Granville                  " G-G_-Granville, come out of there !"

Another, of the tragedies of the Ukraine situation, the other news (like this ) gets swallowed up .

49 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Should have been Wendy Richards, surely ?

All joking aside, great shame lovely actress..................I loved it when Gladys used to mother Granville                  " G-G_-Granville, come out of there !"

Another, of the tragedies of the Ukraine situation, the other news (like this ) gets swallowed up .

I don't think the spotty plane ever visited Grace Bros Department store or a boots factory!

• Haha 1