IGNORED

The Dead of 2022

phantom

2 hours ago, Super said:

Insane. What a legend. RIP.

A few years back they gave her an episode to herself, like an Alan Bennett monologue or one if those Talking Head things. I am not a fan of any soap opera but I thought it sounded like an interesting idea, so I watched it 

If you get a chance to see it (maybe as a tribute?) I can recommend it, it's an acting masterclass, she is simply stunning in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The news of Nigel passing away came as a real shock to me. I love watching Speedway and Nigel was the main commentator for the Grand Prixs and British fixtures. 

He knew his Speedway. He loved this sport. He was also a fantastic commentator.

Edited by Norn Iron
Spelling
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

The news of Nigel passing away came as a real shock to me. I love watching Speedway and Nigel was the main commentator for the Grand Prixs and British fixtures. 

He knew his Speedway. He loved this sport. He was also a fantastic commentator.

Im still in shock with this, a lovely man I had the pleasure to meet on a few occasions through my involvement in the sport of speedway, the speedway world and others have a major loss to deal with.

I can't speak highly enough of the man

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Sad news

The Professional Darts Corporation expresses its condolences to the family and friends of former player Mike Gregory, who passed away on Tuesday aged 65.

Very sad, although I understand he had early onset dementia of late.

I remember Mike, long after his prime days, coming into our village pub and just thrashing everyone at 301, round-the-clock and cricket etc, but not being in the slightest bit flash or arrogant about it.  It was a rare evening that one, and I was happy to buy him a pint. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Farnham newspaper veteran Sir Ray Tindle dies aged 95 - BBC News

Wasn`t he the former owner of the WDP/EP? Back when it was a proper newspaper.

Might've been a shareholder, but Bristol United Press was an independent company until Northcliffe (of Daily Mail infamy) bought it and ruined it. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It must have been another paper I was thinking of - the Western Morning News maybe or the Express & Echo.

I think the Tindle Group ran mainly weekly or monthly papers in rural areas.  The Chew Valley Gazette was one of theirs and they had similar papers in Cornwall, Devon and elsewhere. 

• Thanks 1