IGNORED

The Dead of 2022

phantom

47 minutes ago, Super said:

Prob on my own here but didn't like minder at all. The Sweeney was superb.

Will probably be remembered more for being a wife beater.

Interesting.

I remember him from his appearances in The Sweeney, which I used to enjoy, and Minder.

I also seem to recall he was with that red-haired beauty, Rula Lenska, who used to star in some all female cast series.

I was/am not aware of any wife beating stories. 

13 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Interesting.

I remember him from his appearances in The Sweeney, which I used to enjoy, and Minder.

I also seem to recall he was with that red-haired beauty, Rula Lenska, who used to star in some all female cast series.

Speaking about their marriage of 11 years, he confessed he had slapped and punched her twice, but added: 'She certainly wasn't a beaten wife, she was hit and that's different.'

19 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Interesting.

Rock Follies

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I remember watching him play for Glos in the mid 90s. What a player. Really hoping he would choose to play for England at that point. Always loved watching him play.  Very sad

Yeah! One of the players in that elite Aussie side. 

Car accident, aged 46. 

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I remember watching him play for Glos in the mid 90s. What a player. Really hoping he would choose to play for England at that point. Always loved watching him play.  Very sad

Saw him many times for Glos, home and away, what a player ! RIP, you "fair dinkum Aussie"

Former Rugby Football League chief executive Maurice Lindsay, who also masterminded Wigan's revival in the 1980s as chairman, has died aged 81.

The businessman, also a former chairman of football club Preston North End, was heavily involved in the creation of Super League in 1996.

Actress, screenwriter and director Kay Mellor has died aged 71, it has been announced.

A spokesperson for her TV production company, Rollem Productions, confirmed "with profound sadness" that she died on Sunday.

She was known for creating and writing the ITV series Fat Friends - which helped launch James Corden's career.

Mellor also wrote comedy and drama series such as The Syndicate, Girlfriends and Band of Gold.

9 hours ago, Big C said:

Former Rugby Football League chief executive Maurice Lindsay, who also masterminded Wigan's revival in the 1980s as chairman, has died aged 81.

The businessman, also a former chairman of football club Preston North End, was heavily involved in the creation of Super League in 1996.

Actress, screenwriter and director Kay Mellor has died aged 71, it has been announced.

A spokesperson for her TV production company, Rollem Productions, confirmed "with profound sadness" that she died on Sunday.

She was known for creating and writing the ITV series Fat Friends - which helped launch James Corden's career.

Well, no one's perfect

RIP, anyway .

Devastated that Vangelis has gone. He was an amazing composer and creator of such distinctive soundscapes. Having worked with French movie-maker Frédéric Rossif in the 1970s he went to London and then had perhaps his best-known work in the film Chariots of Fire in the early 1980s. Another piece was 'Heaven and Hell', used as the title theme for Professor Carl Sagan's epic TV series Cosmos. He also enjoyed UK chart success in partnership with Jon Anderson of Yes.

His music is often far from conventional, orchestral and embraced synths greatly, which I love. Personally I have spent many hours listening to his work and will be giving Mask a play tonight.

• Like 2

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He did the score for Blade Runner too. Some of the Aphrodite`s Child stuff is worth a listen too if you can get hold of it - very dark and very strange but somehow pleasing at the same time.

• Thanks 1