IGNORED

The Dead of 2022

phantom

13 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Oh dear, Alan White Yes percussionist has died, he was the early 70's replacement for Bill Bruford . ...........Going For the One,, Alan, RIP

Ex Plastic Ono Band and Yes. Underrated because he followed Bruford. RIP Alan.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Oh dear, Alan White Yes percussionist has died, he was the early 70's replacement for Bill Bruford . ...........Going For the One,, Alan, RIP

A bad few weeks for Jon Anderson. Vangelis the other week, and now his long-time drummer and no doubt friend.

You know you're getting on when one by one, all your heroes from way back at the beginning are gradually leaving the party.

• Sad 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

A bad few weeks for Jon Anderson. Vangelis the other week, and now his long-time drummer and no doubt friend.

You know you're getting on when one by one, all your heroes from way back at the beginning are gradually leaving the party.

The weird thing is that I was listening to an old panel show with Rick Wakeman on yesterday which mentioned Alan and then I hear this news.

• Sad 1

One that passed at the beginning of the month, but seems to have slipped through the net on here is Ric Parnell, who played the drummer Mick Shrimpton in This Is Spinal Tap. He also played in a couple of real bands like Atomic Rooster and played the drums on Hey Mickey by Toni Basil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 29/05/2022 at 14:50, Marvin said:

Patricia Brake, who I remember as Fletch's daughter in Porridge. 

Where she came across as a typical dumb  “Essex girl”.

Turns out she came from Bath, and was in Peter Hall’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” with Judi Dench and Diana Rigg. 

Bloody actors. Always fooling you as to their true identity!

2 hours ago, Calculus said:

The great Phil Bennett, 73. Legend.

Very sad; a lovely, lovely man.

Many years ago, I played in the same team as him; I still have the match programme - he even lent me his spare pair of boots as I didn't have any with me.

He leaves me with many memories, but one that sticks out in my mind was how he had a shave with a BiC razor in the showers after the match. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Very sad; a lovely, lovely man.

Many years ago, I played in the same team as him; I still have the match programme - he even lent me his spare pair of boots as I didn't have any with me.

He leaves me with many memories, but one that sticks out in my mind was how he had a shave with a BiC razor in the showers after the match. 

Phil, which team were you both playing for?