IGNORED

The Dead of 2022

phantom

3 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Sad news - another bit of my childhood gone.

They'll be digging a hole - hole in the ground, big and sort of round...

Also, Right Said Fred ( the song, not the I'm too Sexy for my shirt group)- regulars on junior choice back in the day.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

Also, Right Said Fred ( the song, not the I'm too Sexy for my shirt group)- regulars on junior choice back in the day.

Absolute classic, listening to it only the other week. 
one of my favourite actors. Fabulous guy ?

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

One of the few black characters on TV when I was growing up who wasn't a "baddie" or a figure of fun. One half of the first inter racial kiss on TV as well. 

And she slipped this hilarious line past the censors of the day.

"Sorry, neither!"

?

Bristol civil rights activist Roy Hackett, whose work impacted the entirety of the UK, has passed away at the age of 93. Roy, who was awarded an MBE, helped organise the Bristol Bus Boycott of 1963.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TomF said:

Now that is someone who deserves a statue in the centre..

....and why not rename the Colston/Beacon as the Hackett Hall.

Especially as it is virtually next door to the old HQ of the Bristol Omnibus Company.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Judith Durham of The Seekers, aged 79

Very sad news. The Seekers were one of Australias first successful musical exports. Judith was born in Essendon which is very close to Melbourne. Judith was a great singer and complimented by Athol Guy, Bruce and Keith Potger. "never find another you" and "gregory girl" will always stand out

10 hours ago, City oz said:

Very sad news. The Seekers were one of Australias first successful musical exports. Judith was born in Essendon which is very close to Melbourne. Judith was a great singer and complimented by Athol Guy, Bruce and Keith Potger. "never find another you" and "gregory girl" will always stand out

My late father's favourite group. although his favourite song was The Carnival is Over.

By the way, I assume either your spellcheck is playing up or you are confusing one of The Seekers' hits with a great film - it was Georgy Girl. 

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 4

That's very sad, one of my first crushes was Judith. The majority of female pop stars were like "stick insects" ,but she was all young woman, if you get my drift ! To be truthful, in the mid sixties it wasn't too cool to like this type of music, but later on I appreciated more. My favourit was the Paul Simon, Bruce Woodley penned song "someday ,one day".

RIP Judith

• Like 2

On 06/08/2022 at 20:34, PHILINFRANCE said:

My late father's favourite group. although his favourite song was The Carnival is Over.

By the way, I assume either your spellcheck is playing up or you are confusing one of The Seekers' hits with a great film - it was Georgy Girl. 

reminds me of Ab Fab…:sun:

On 07/08/2022 at 00:52, slartibartfast said:

That's very sad, one of my first crushes was Judith. The majority of female pop stars were like "stick insects" ,but she was all young woman, if you get my drift ! To be truthful, in the mid sixties it wasn't too cool to like this type of music, but later on I appreciated more. My favourit was the Paul Simon, Bruce Woodley penned song "someday ,one day".

RIP Judith