IGNORED

The Dead of 2022

phantom

Sadly most of us have seen or will see someone we love battle cancer but she fought it for thirty years. Difficult to comprehend the fight she has put up for three decades. Absolute warrior.Rest in peace Olivia.

• Like 1

Lamont Dozier, aged 81.

Anybody who followed Tamla Motown in the 60s and 70s would have heard loads of songs written by the fabulous Holland, Dozier, Holland trio.

https://www.google.com/search?q=baby+love+the+supremes&oq=baby+love&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j46i175i199i512j0i512l6j46i512.6433j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:32c324b3,vid:ZAWSiWtUK2s,st:0

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Super said:

Author and illustrator Raymond Briggs, who is best known for the 1978 classic The Snowman, has died aged 88.

The film he made about his parents' life, Ethel & Ernest, is a particular fave in the Robbo household.  Simple, but strangely touching, and if you're in my generation, it's everyone's grandparents' story. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Not really sure how Shane is outlasting them………..

19 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

His secret? Never touched a drop all his life.

Goes to bed really early.

You joke but he hasn`t touched a drop in years. He has a very caring partner Victoria who stuck with him during the hellraiser years and kept him (relatively) grounded.

Sadly, the poor bugger has been confined to a wheelchair since 2015 following a fall where he broke his hip.

• Thanks 1

On 16/08/2022 at 17:09, phantom said:

Never a good phrase to read 

Made a wally of himself singing Britney but came back and reinvented himself. 

Nailed it in the West End though 

He also nailed it when appearing on Never Mind The Buzzcocks. He gave as good as he got. When the credits started rolling at the end, Mark Lamarr got out of his chair and went straight over to Darius to shake him by the hand.a great gesture and totally deserved.

• Like 4