IGNORED

Swindon vs Man City

Baba Yaga

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

For who

Was thinking in the prem off the bench at least and maybe more starts in the upcoming rounds of the cup if he keeps doing well. Probably a few good players in front of him mind you.

As for Swindon I think after getting completely dominated first half they will be pretty happy with that, penalty save and the goal were good moments and it wasn't a complete cricket score against a very strong Man City side. Defence was a but suspect at times but they are league 2 for a reason.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, winsaw said:

It's actually been quite an entertaining match to watch, if the Swindon goalkeeper hadn't had a bit of a nightmare for the 2 and 3 think Swindon could have got something out of this, that's s very good goal they just scored good pace in there side 

No they couldn’t of. Man City didn’t even get out of first gear and were very wasteful. If they needed to up it they could of I feel. 

23 minutes ago, winsaw said:

It's actually been quite an entertaining match to watch, if the Swindon goalkeeper hadn't had a bit of a nightmare for the 2 and 3 think Swindon could have got something out of this, that's s very good goal they just scored good pace in there side 

Fair enough if you think so but I always find these games tedious. In fact, I don’t really enjoy watching Man City play anyway.

I just don’t find them very exciting to watch. It’s all too slow, it’s as if they are taking the piss.

• Like 3

We were given a footballing lesson this evening but most teams are each week so no shame in that. Too much messing around at the back but hopefully Garner will realise it just dosen't work and take the more direct approcach from now on. From a Swindon supporter I'm pleased that we never gave up when realistically the gulf between the divisions has become too big but at least It gave supporters the opportunity to see world class players as well as making a lot of money from Gate and TV revenue.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Was thinking in the prem off the bench at least and maybe more starts in the upcoming rounds of the cup if he keeps doing well. Probably a few good players in front of him mind you.

As for Swindon I think after getting completely dominated first half they will be pretty happy with that, penalty save and the goal were good moments and it wasn't a complete cricket score against a very strong Man City side. Defence was a but suspect at times but they are league 2 for a reason.

He won’t feature in the prem until the start of feb when the title is in the bag,but yeh a few games in the cup is likely 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Fair enough if you think so but I always find these games tedious. In fact, I don’t really enjoy watching Man City play anyway.

I just don’t find them very exciting to watch. It’s all too slow, it’s as if they are taking the piss.

i got the impression that they were,especially at the back saying 'hey chaps,this is how its done'

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Couldn’t agree more,it’s like the all conquering Spanish side a few years ago,by far the best team but tippy tappa wasn’t half slow and boring 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

We were given a footballing lesson this evening but most teams are each week so no shame in that. Too much messing around at the back but hopefully Garner will realise it just dosen't work and take the more direct approcach from now on. From a Swindon supporter I'm pleased that we never gave up when realistically the gulf between the divisions has become too big but at least It gave supporters the opportunity to see world class players as well as making a lot of money from Gate and TV revenue.

Fair play to you ST. I respectfully disagree with you. I think Garner's got you playing a very good style considering the 5hit show he inherited and playing out from the back shows you have the confidence and players to do it. I wouldn't want to change that. You won't be playing the best team in Europe every week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

consolation

26 minutes ago, Swede said:

Fair play to you ST. I respectfully disagree with you. I think Garner's got you playing a very good style considering the 5hit show he inherited and playing out from the back shows you have the confidence and players to do it. I wouldn't want to change that. You won't be playing the best team in Europe every week. 

Although, as a consolation, they do play the mighty Bristol Rovers in a few weeks time...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Swede said:

Cheers Swede, I love the passing game we play just think we over played it with the short goal kicks when it would have been easier to go long and take away the threat of getting caught on the ball which happened last night.

i don't understand why the Sags dislike Garner so much as it's clear to see that he likes to play good football rather than standard league 2 thuggery kick & rush. Even the Man City supporters were complimentary on how we played, never gave up when we could have collapsed in the first half and that we weren't a dirty team and one that wanted to play without any dirty antics. I've also got to say what a pleasure it was to see world class players and that a top premiership club respected the competition when they could easily have put out more talented kids like Palmer.

• Like 1

Cheers Swede, I love the passing game we play just think we over played it with the short goal kicks when it would have been easier to go long and take away the threat of getting caught on the ball which happened last night.

i don't understand why the Sags dislike Garner so much as it's clear to see that he likes to play good football rather than standard league 2 thuggery kick & rush. Even the Man City supporters were complimentary on how we played, never gave up when we could have collapsed in the first half and that we weren't a dirty team and one that wanted to play without any dirty antics. I've also got to say what a pleasure it was to see world class players and that a top premiership club respected the competition when they could easily have put out more talented kids like Palmer.

They were in the play off places in league one when the previous manager walked out on them but by all accounts they weren't playing easy on the eye football. Garner came in and started changing the style of football and their league position tanked. Think he brought in quite a few players and their squad became disjointed and struggled to adapt. I think it's easier for their fans to blame him for their relegation rather than other managers/their owners but there was quite poor recruitment under his watch I think and their slide began when he was in charge.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

They were in the play off places in league one when the previous manager walked out on them but by all accounts they weren't playing easy on the eye football. Garner came in and started changing the style of football and their league position tanked. Think he brought in quite a few players and their squad became disjointed and struggled to adapt. I think it's easier for their fans to blame him for their relegation rather than other managers/their owners but there was quite poor recruitment under his watch I think and their slide began when he was in charge.

Cheers Baba, I guess not knowing the whole story it's hard to say if their demise down the league was down to Garner as we don't know who chose the players but Barton got in around eleven players and he hasn't made any difference. Here at Swindon we have a decent director of football who seems to have lots of contacts and knows what players will fit Garners style of play.  I would also imagine their quagmire of a pitch would make it hard for even Man City to play decent football 

2 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

It was brainless to do it against a team like that. Save it for the likes of Rovers.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Contrast last night with when Man City played colin's cardiff in the F A Cup a few seasons ago and got kicked all over the park and that was after they played us in two enthralling footballing semi final legs.

People drone on about how wonderful Colin was but in those two cup ties it epitomised what is the right way to play and what is the wrong way and fast forward to last night you played the right way. It is inevitable because of the gulf in class that the result was never in doubt but long term you'll get far more plaudits and recognition (& ultimately bums on seats) for playing positively than being a typical 4th division cloggers kicking them all over the park.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Resident swindle man, what was said to Ashley Cole? Club statement on racist chanting. Didn't hear anything on the telly? 

The club is being tight lipped about any Rasism comments. At the end of the game there was a lot of banter towards Cole and his ex Cheryl but nobody has said they heard any racist remarks.

• Thanks 1

The club is being tight lipped about any Rasism comments. At the end of the game there was a lot of banter towards Cole and his ex Cheryl but nobody has said they heard any racist remarks.

I don’t know if any history with Swindon and Ashley Cole?

I always find it bizarre when football fans abuse studio guests

12 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I would also imagine their quagmire of a pitch would make it hard for even Man City to play decent football 

I think you are a few years out of date.

To be fair to our friends in blue, they spent a lot of money a few years ago digging up and completely treating and relaying their pitch and, by all accounts, it is now constantly in an excellent condition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1