IGNORED

Fulham at home (FA Cup third round) match day thread

6 minutes ago, KegCity said:

He’s moaned about the fan base since he left.  Weird one really as everyone wished him well and I never saw any negative comments about him until he came out with some.

Neither of them play for us anymore. Really don’t understand the issue with trying to create a more toxic/hostile atmosphere even if the grounds half empty. I doubt either player is bothered and they’re hardly club legends.

Give them a tough afternoon all match and clap at the end. God knows why so many are desperate to protect them.

I hadn't heard this, what did he say then?

Edited by City Rocker
Just now, Red-Robbo said:

They are two of our better players from recent years, both Bristolians, and at least one is an active supporter of the club.  Neither now plays for a so-called local rival.

I just find booing under such circumstances tinpot.  And inconsistent: Afobe, who was on loan here for a year, got applauded as have other former players.

Meh. I’m obviously in the minority but they’re hardly club legends. I suppose you’re right, after Bobby produced one excellent season and Joe scored a few decent goals we should roll out the red carpet.

Theres nothing tinpot about being hostile towards former players, unless every club  in English (and I assume World) football is tinpot. Each to their own, just can’t have people moaning about no atmosphere and then start crying because their favourite academy players got some stick after leaving.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2
1 minute ago, KegCity said:

Meh. I’m obviously in the minority but they’re hardly club legends. I suppose you’re right, after Bobby produced one excellent season and Joe scored a few decent goals we should roll out the red carpet.

Theres nothing tinpot about being hostile towards former players, unless every club  in English (and I assume World) football is tinpot. Each to their own, just can’t have people moaning about no atmosphere and then start crying because their favourite academy players got some stick after leaving.

Quite. Neither of them legends.  Decent players but only for a short spell. Playing the part of pantomime villains on their return, surprised people are getting their knickers in a twist. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Couldn’t of said it any better . I wouldn’t personally boo Bryan but why shouldn’t people boo Bobby . Born and raised in Bristol spent most of his life at the club but supports Liverpool and moved to  local rivals . It would be tinpot if we didn’t boo him .

Edited by Wiltshire robin
  • Like 1
  • Admin
4 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Completely agree, just because players kiss the badge and have played a few games for us hardly make them legends 

Give them appreciation before the game but after that point they are our opposition boo and heckle like any other opponents 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Not trying to make excuses but Reid did join Cardiff and then do that ridiculous head tapping thing when he signed and some of Bryan’s social media was particularly negative. Although having said that a lot of people forget Bryan was in the away end in that cup game at QPR 

What head tapping thing did he do? I must have missed that one

Signing for Cardiff isn't going to win him any popularity contests but again, we got a lot of money for him, which I think mitigates that a lot. 

I really think a lot of supporters will just boo any ex-player, regardless of the circumstances

• Haha 1

All in all a decent first half.

We look the much more positive and lively of the two teams, working harder to press in the middle and it’s paid off with a half that I felt like that we dominated possession for a first time in a long time.

Changes from QPR were promised and came, not loads though. Scott out wide is a shame after he was so effective centrally vs QPR but HNM having another good half.

I think we’re also finally seeing a fit and more effective Andy King.

One benefit of Scott wide though is the good link ups with Wells whose looking lively and hungry. Martin decent, shame the excellent run and chance at the end of the half was him as had it been the pace and finishing of Wells that’s 1-0 for me. Benarous improved.

Defence look good. Fulham trying to hit those channels between wide CB and full backs so we need to watch that.

Good referee worth a mention, not many  silly fouls given and game has flowed well. Fulham have been niggly though. Thought Bryan should have seen yellow.

Edited by Alessandro
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Good performance, Good football, Good referee, Good match..........really enjoying it

Totally agree. Worth the 5am wakeup call for me. Encouraging for the 2nd half of the season. Keep playing like this and there should be no concern about relegation

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Couldn’t of said it any better . I wouldn’t personally boo Bryan but why shouldn’t people boo Bobby . Born and raised in Bristol spent most of his life at the club but supports Liverpool and moved to are local rivals . It would be tinpot if we didn’t boo him .

And tapped his head like a twat as soon as he signed for Cardiff 

• Flames 1