IGNORED

Fulham at home (FA Cup third round) match day thread

2 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Couldn’t of said it any better . I wouldn’t personally boo Bryan but why shouldn’t people boo Bobby . Born and raised in Bristol spent most of his life at the club but supports Liverpool and moved to are local rivals . It would be tinpot if we didn’t boo him .

An acquaintance who played youth football with Bobby told me he was one of those "I support Liverpool and Bristol City" sort of kids. Not unusual nowadays, unheard of when I was a kid.

We didn't boo Benik and we haven't booed other former players. Inconsistent and stupid idea that we should.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Good performance, Good football, Good referee, Good match..........really enjoying it

Spot on, about to post the same thing, we have looked after the ball, made decent decisions, created some openings and restricted them with a solid and fluid first half performance. Also no banal / biased Robins TV commentary!  One of the more enjoyable and encouraging 45 minutes so far this season. 

• Like 1
Just now, Red-Robbo said:

An acquaintance who played youth football with Bobby told me he was one of those "I support Liverpool and Bristol City" sort of kids. Not unusual nowadays, unheard of when I was a kid.

We didn't boo Benik and we haven't booed other former players. Inconsistent and stupid idea that we should.

Benik wasn’t a youth academy player from Bristol who moved to Cardiff. The clapping for benik was purely for the awful death of his daughter , it wasn’t thanking him for playing a couple of games for us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, phantom said:

And tapped his head like a **** as soon as he signed for Cardiff 

Because the club made all new signings do that when they join

Do you think it means he suddenly supported Cardiff? For professional players, clubs are a place of work. They do what they are told by their employers' publicity departments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Admin

Because the club made all new signings do that when they join

Do you think it means he suddenly supported Cardiff? For professional players, clubs are a place of work. They do what they are told by their employers' publicity departments.

Behave..Marlon Pack didn't 

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Both players will care far less about it than you do.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Best half of the season I’d say 

Yep, most control we've had of a game, against decent opponents, who like to pass it.

A bit better with our final pass / cross and we could be ahead.

Wingbacks really high, Kalas and Pring happy to be on the touchline when the ball on that side, means Scott and O'Dowda can pin back Odoi and Bryan.

image.thumb.png.06a746133003e3c18744fdbb5a8f1422.png

Without Mitrovic as a platform / wall-pass option they've struggled to break our lines.

One other point, ball passed back to O'Leary on edge of box, his first step is forward, whereas Bentley retreats and loses options.  Very important difference in recent games.

image.thumb.png.cf672147cf92ec76610da8f368051127.png

We are looking sharp in the challenge too.  Atkinson looked nervy early on but grew into the game.  Kalas excellent so far, and Scott too.  Massengo not far behind.  King neat and tidy, giving HNM and AB good direction.

Impressed, but need to do more in final third.

• Like 4
Just now, Davefevs said:

Yep, most control we've had of a game, against decent opponents, who like to pass it.

A bit better with our final pass / cross and we could be ahead.

Wingbacks really high, Kalas and Pring happy to be on the touchline when the ball on that side, means Scott and O'Dowda can pin back Odoi and Bryan.

image.thumb.png.06a746133003e3c18744fdbb5a8f1422.png

Without Mitrovic as a platform / wall-pass option they've struggled to break our lines.

One other point, ball passed back to O'Leary on edge of box, his first step is forward, whereas Bentley retreats and loses options.  Very important difference in recent games.

image.thumb.png.cf672147cf92ec76610da8f368051127.png

We are looking sharp in the challenge too.  Atkinson looked nervy early on but grew into the game.  Kalas excellent so far, and Scott too.  Massengo not far behind.  King neat and tidy, giving HNM and AB good direction.

Impressed, but need to do more in final third.

For once we can pass a ball and look in control. Something to build on. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, KegCity said:

That’s not Bryan moaning about the City fan base though. That’s just him commenting on some strange people who messaged him on social media saying he was only being picked by LJ because his Dad had performed surgery on GJ. Perhaps it is the same people booing him today! 

• Like 2

I don't care but felt the need to explain why some supporters - including this one - find it a bit cringey.

We're fans, but it's a job to them. Some people don't seem to get that. 

Nope, most fans get it. It's entertainment to us, they've portrayed themselves as "villains" so they get their stick. Nobody's stopping you getting the Reid and Bryan chants going and making them feel at home.