IGNORED

Fulham at home (FA Cup third round) match day thread

Just now, KegCity said:

Nope, most fans get it. It's entertainment to us, they've portrayed themselves as "villains" so they get their stick. Nobody's stopping you getting the Reid and Bryan chants going and making them feel at home.

"Villains" for moving to another club at a then-higher level and to earn more money?!

Changing jobs to earn more is what everyone does. It doesn't make you a "villain". 

• Flames 1
Just now, eardun said:

That’s not Bryan moaning about the City fan base though. That’s just him commenting on some strange people who messaged him on social media saying he was only being picked by LJ because his Dad had performed surgery on GJ. Perhaps it is the same people booing him today! 

If I'd gone today I'd have joined in, I also didn't and wouldn't go to those lengths to abuse a player. For me those comments combined with his seeming ambivalence towards the club (heavily rumoured to have tried to leave in that January although granted I wasn't sat in the boardroom; couldn't be bothered to put out a generic goodbye message to his "boyhood club") have put me off Bryan. Thanks for scoring against United, Swindon and the Gas but he can handle a few boos now.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

"Villains" for moving to another club at a then-higher level and to earn more money?!

Changing jobs to earn more is what everyone does. It doesn't make you a "villain". 

Oh it's fair enough, doesn't mean they aren't open to some stick from the stands. It's all the pantomime of going to the football, some like to sit and analyse the game, some like to create an atmosphere and have fun. This isn't a new phenomenon though so don't understand why knickers are getting twisted.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, phantom said:

And tapped his head like a **** as soon as he signed for Cardiff 

I hate Cardiff and the head tapping, but pay me Reids wages and signing on fee and I will have a go at it.

It isn't much different than Taylor with a snake in his GIFs is it to wind up the Sags, which we all probably found hilarious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Admin
9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I have a ST.

We don't routinely boo every former player.

You can understand Maynard after his behaviour towards the end of his time here. Ditto Tomlin. 

Pleased for you, many of us are 

To claim we don't boo former players is hilarious 

9 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Maynard deserved it

So we have booed former players then!!! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, KegCity said:

Oh it's fair enough, doesn't mean they aren't open to some stick from the stands. It's all the pantomime of going to the football, some like to sit and analyse the game, some like to create an atmosphere and have fun. This isn't a new phenomenon though so don't understand why knickers are getting twisted.

Maybe because, despite the assertions, we don't routinely boo all former players. So why these two? Doesn't make sense as far as I'm concerned. Others can do what they like, but I'm with the majority of the crowd in not booing former players just because they moved on. 

Maynard and Tomlin are exceptions.

2 minutes ago, KegCity said:

If I'd gone today I'd have joined in, I also didn't and wouldn't go to those lengths to abuse a player. For me those comments combined with his seeming ambivalence towards the club (heavily rumoured to have tried to leave in that January although granted I wasn't sat in the boardroom; couldn't be bothered to put out a generic goodbye message to his "boyhood club") have put me off Bryan. Thanks for scoring against United, Swindon and the Gas but he can handle a few boos now.

That’s your choice of course. Although to be fair to Bryan, he did a bit more for us than score a few goals and I certainly won’t be booing any City player who contributed to the one and only City league title in my lifetime. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

66/34 Possession

7/5 Shots (4/1 on target)

6/0 corners

2/9 Fouls

Makes a refreshing change to see these kind of stats in our favour for once - a pleasant & unexpected surprise, against a team with the quality that Fulham have. 

Let's hope it continues & we can make it count, second half ?