IGNORED

Fulham at home (FA Cup third round) match day thread

Yeah that was very decent. Jay on the right looked the tidiest he's been for ages. Atkinson back to form too and Pring is really developing fast into an excellent all round player. 

Interesting to see what we do this window as I'd imagine that will be KP done. And possibly Nakhi. Gradually Pearson is turning it round though. Nice signs. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1
1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

Bit of both I think, he was definitely on his own there as you said. Have a look from this angle:

ezgif-2-07fc127ae9.gif 

Thanks. From that angle, just confirms what I originally thought, reacting instead of acting. Two players I presume stood by the corner & we are slow to react to it. Then there are two Fulham players ( can’t see who loses their player from either camera angle) who could of scored on the end of the cross, marked by one City player, compounding the first mistake. Sounds like a good performance overall, but games are won or lost over small margins. Promising though at least. COYR 

7 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Really, thought it was that Scott ( I think? ) was too slow to move out. Only seen it on the stream replay, so not the best of views. But a schoolboy moment of switching of possibly? COYR 

Just seen @IAmNick ‘s alternative view, and you’re right about Scott. I think they share the blame, although I suspect that Scott is already on the bus, and it’s Jay who won’t have done much for his chances of getting back on ?

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Whilst we played very well, I can’t help but feel frustrated with that. The game shouldn’t have gone to ET, should have been out of sight. 

Same. Good play overall but when you create so much and don't win it always feels like a missed opportunity. Hopefully we'll get points at Craven Cottage. COYR!

Edited by Dan Robin

Reasonable for Conway to be rusty after so long out and neither of his chances were straightforward, decent keeping for first and defender hustling him for the second. Thought he put himself around and looked useful. A bit more game time and hopefully the finishing has the rust removed as like the look of him. Clearly a proven Championship scorer would be delightful, but generally they involve being exchanged for money, so we probably have to get by for now. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Last home FA cup game 9,000 fans x £10

This home FA cup game 7,000 fans x £23

Well done City for getting the pricing right to bring more money into the club

9,700 actually and it was against Shrewsbury.

So we got a substantially bigger crowd for an even less attractive fixture.

Reasonable to suggest if we’d charged a tenner today we could have doubled the crowd and had twice as many people spending money in the concourses. Plus we would have avoided pissing off our own supporters. And had more people cheering on the team, enhancing our chances of winning.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1
8 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Yeah that was very decent. Jay on the right looked the tidiest he's been for ages. Atkinson back to form too and Pring is really developing fast into an excellent all round player. 

Interesting to see what we do this window as I'd imagine that will be KP done. And possibly Nakhi. Gradually Pearson is turning it round though. Nice signs. 

I'd have Palmer and Wells out the door asap. Stealing a wage from us just now. We need players with some get up and go instead of lolloping around the pitch.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

9,700 actually and it was against Shrewsbury.

So we got a substantially bigger crowd for an even less attractive fixture.

Reasonable to suggest if we’d charged a tenner today we could have doubled the crowd and had twice as many people spending money in the concourses. Plus we would have avoided pissing off our own supporters. And had more people cheering on the team, enhancing our chances of winning.

….and pre-Covid