IGNORED

Fulham at home (FA Cup third round) match day thread

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

9,700 actually and it was against Shrewsbury.

So we got a substantially bigger crowd for an even less attractive fixture.

Reasonable to suggest if we’d charged a tenner today we could have doubled the crowd and had twice as many people spending money in the concourses. Plus we would have avoided pissing off our own supporters. And had more people cheering on the team, enhancing our chances of winning.

Optimum pricing would have been £10 adults and £5 kids I reckon.  Good attendance, fans happy and club would have made as much money through the gates as today but more spend on food etc, and potential first timers attending at those prices

Just now, jaydee=inspiration said:

For me that O'dowda non-finish was the main highlight of the game, sacrilege he blazed it over the bar, near unforgivable for me.

That was our clearest chance before the two that fell to Conway in ET, and agree terrible that he didn't even hit the target. 

COD did a lot of good things today, but that miss plus one or two poor crosses after getting in to good positions let him down.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

9,700 actually and it was against Shrewsbury.

So we got a substantially bigger crowd for an even less attractive fixture.

Reasonable to suggest if we’d charged a tenner today we could have doubled the crowd and had twice as many people spending money in the concourses. Plus we would have avoided pissing off our own supporters. And had more people cheering on the team, enhancing our chances of winning.

Crowds are down everywhere due to Covid, our fans are apathetic this season for the first time in about 8 years . Fulham who we play often are hardly more attractive than Shrewsbury who we don't.

I would be interested to know when was the last time we had 15,000 (to double our crowd) for a third round FA Cup home game against a non PL team. 

Doesn't happen.

City made the right decision in my opinion

• Hmmm 1
1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Crowds are down everywhere due to Covid, our fans are apathetic this season for the first time in about 8 years . Fulham who we play often are hardly more attractive than Shrewsbury who we don't.

I would be interested to know when was the last time we had 15,000 (to double our crowd) for a third round FA Cup home game against a non PL team. 

Doesn't happen.

City made the right decision in my opinion

…..but only going on the false assumption that everyone paid £23.

Just now, Northern Red said:

Would like Conway to get more opportunities before the end of the season. Definitely a player there.

I think he will. Good enough and Pearson talks about him highly. I think he will be on the bench every game when fit and start the odd game here and there if players are tired or injured 

With Pring, Massengo, Scott, Conway, Semenyo and Benarous, it’s very exciting times 

• Like 6

The difference was their 5 subs compared to our 5. Theirs topped them up and the finished strong. Ours weren’t awful but it was a drop off from the starting XI. 

No real negatives from today though. Unless there is a knock or two we will find out about later(scott?). That is the type of performance I have been longing for. More of that please. May not have been their full strength XI but would be a tidy championship side nonetheless. Good day just frustrating we couldn’t get the goal(minumum) we deserved. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

My tweet to 20Man

Mr Miserable’s tweet….he couldn’t find anything positive to say after that…sums him up.

Does every goal conceded need to be poor? Fulham are going to create space, especially after subs. Wilson has prem quality delivery. Mitrovic was in the middle looking to poach any half chance and the cross just evaded everyone. Can live with that goal just unlucky more than anything

• Like 6
29 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

That was our clearest chance before the two that fell to Conway in ET, and agree terrible that he didn't even hit the target. 

COD did a lot of good things today, but that miss plus one or two poor crosses after getting in to good positions let him down.

Same as always. His final ball, pass, cross or shot is invariably way off the target. He threatens to achieve but rarely does.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My tweet to 20Man

Mr Miserable’s tweet….he couldn’t find anything positive to say after that…sums him up.

I think what he says is fair enough. They don't score their goal had we been better in and around the box (mainly looking at CODs finishing and crossing), Conway had a chance beforehand too. Against this level of side you have to take your chances. 

That being said I also agree with you on him not stating anything positive. We played very well over 70% of the pitch and imo were the better side for 95 mins. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought he had a good game today.  Think he linked well with Pring too.

Sorry to respond to you again. RE: COD - I prefer !y wingers to assist and score. COD never does, or will do, either annoyingly. Would like to see us move on at the end of his contract. 

• Like 1