IGNORED

The Tourist

slartibartfast

4 hours ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

A most excellent series (also binge watched it)......

I've just seen ep. 5, so as well as Aus spag western & P F it has a bit of Dennis Potter's Singing Detective (if anyone remembers that from the 80's ).

12 hours ago, daored said:

Four lives is very good. Sheridan Smith is excellent. 

Yes, cracking serial !

I'm watching on BBC1, the show just doesn't seem to know what it is - dark comedy, drama, serious thriller like Killing Eve but a bit meh ... its a painful watch bar the lovely Lucie Miller and some great portrayal of an Aussie caveman husband from Ethan Krum just gutted he didn't get shot last night

3 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

I'm watching on BBC1, the show just doesn't seem to know what it is - dark comedy, drama, serious thriller like Killing Eve but a bit meh ... its a painful watch bar the lovely Lucie Miller and some great portrayal of an Aussie caveman husband from Ethan Krum just gutted he didn't get shot last night

Def agree with this.

51 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

Shalom Brune-Franklin plays Lucie Liller in The Tourist. I’ve not seen her before - certainly very lovely!

28 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

She was a cop that got killed in Line O D .

I saw that on her resume but despite having watched all of Line of Duty episodes I didn’t recognise her. I doubt she looked as gorgeous in a police uniform……….:cool2:

Edited by Robbored

2 hours ago, tin said:

I thought the final episode was a bit of a damp squib. 

It was like the writers didn't know when to end it. It felt like the final episode had about four endings and they didn't know which one to use, so they just threw them all in and hoped for the best!

Interesting apparently Hugo Weaving (The Matrix, went to Wraxhall school) was supposed to play the Aussie cop but had to pull out a week before filming started. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Thought it was good. Nice blend of humour and drama. 

The last two episodes were a bit all over the place though, particularly the penultimate episode where things get weird

As with pretty much all series' these days, it is of course nicely set up for season 2... 

Agree. I lost a bit of interest after that.

19 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

I'm halfway through it at the moment. It's ok, a little bit like the various Fargo offerings imv, but not as quirky or compelling. Nevertheless it's quite entertaining so I'll stick with it to the end.

Definitely elements of Fargo. If you liked The Tourist then highly recommend seasons 1-3 of Fargo. About as good as crime drama gets.

• Like 1

On 08/01/2022 at 00:45, slartibartfast said:

Anyone clocking the BBC mini-series ? It's brilliant, sort of Australian Spaghetti Western crossed with Pulp Fiction, very dark with gore and some great comedy moments . Thoroughly recommend it .

Slarti, because of your recommendation, my wife and I watched the first 2 episodes on Thursday. We've just watched the other 4 courtesy of BBC i-player. It was, as you say, an Australian Spaghetti Western with Pulp Fiction plus Patrick McGoohan's The Prisoner minus the Guardian balloons! Because it was filmed in the outback maybe it should be retitled 50 Shades Of Dust.

Roll on series 2.

• Haha 1