IGNORED

Lights out at Leicester

Red7

6 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Was only remembering Liverpool '94: did we have to pay for our ticket the re-jigged/second game at AG?

I was 8 - the floodlights going out is one of my earliest strong memories of watching City, and unrelated to the match itself!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Was only remembering Liverpool '94: did we have to pay for our ticket the re-jigged/second game at AG?

Surely we didn’t?! The first game wasn’t completed so we didn’t get what we paid for. I would assume tickets were just reissued for the rearranged game. Don’t know mind - I was only 10 and went with my grandad because my dad was at work!

31 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Don't think we had to...if memory serves. Although fans were asked to give 50p for the electric meter.

58 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

£5 rings a bell. 

38 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

We did need to buy a new ticket for the rearranged game although at reduced rate, i was in the dolman for the original game but my seat had already been sold by the time i was able to purchase the new one and ended up in the old enclosure 

So, Sir Les Kew (the Honourable Les): he sold Cole to Newcastle and robbed the Scousers. Our Greatest Leader of All Time (Gloat) who never had a stand named after 'isself, surely?

1 minute ago, Redstart said:

I remember scrabbling around on the floor for the ticket I lobbed away before the lights went out. I'm sure there was an announcement over the tannoy that you would or may need to produce it as evidence to get a ticket for the replay. 

You're right, back then it was commonplace if you didn't have a season ticket to keep tickets from matches you attended as they would allow you a ticket for any plum ties. In fact, even season ticket holders were encouraged to keep tickets in case there was a small away allocation in the cup and we had more season tickets than allocation. I believe that was the case when we played Stockport County away following beating Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Redstart said:

I remember scrabbling around on the floor for the ticket I lobbed away before the lights went out. I'm sure there was an announcement over the tannoy that you would or may need to produce it as evidence to get a ticket for the replay. 

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

You're right, back then it was commonplace if you didn't have a season ticket to keep tickets from matches you attended as they would allow you a ticket for any plum ties. In fact, even season ticket holders were encouraged to keep tickets in case there was a small away allocation in the cup and we had more season tickets than allocation. I believe that was the case when we played Stockport County away following beating Liverpool.

Back in those days, of course, season tickets were only available for the Williams and Dolman stands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

I believe that was the case when we played Stockport County away following beating Liverpool.

I'd forgotten about Stockport, ended up sat in the Gate watching that game on a big screen set up in the East End - they had Kevin Francis I think his name was, some bloody great big 12ft 5 striker. 

• Like 1

Anybody remember going to Orient when the lights failed? Can’t remember the year (70’s-80’s) but got a feeling we went 1-0 up through Richie before they equalised. Match was held up for something like 30 minutes. Was obviously a good day on the cider as I don’t  recall if we dove or travelled by train. 

6 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I remember walking out of the ground that night past the Mickey Mousers after the lights went out and the game was off - I actually felt a bit sorry for them, it was a long way to come down for a game to be abandoned like that - but when a few starting bellowing stuff like “at least we can afford the f@cking leccy” in my face in that funny accent my sympathies waned a bit ... ??

3 hours ago, Redstart said:

I'd forgotten about Stockport, ended up sat in the Gate watching that game on a big screen set up in the East End - they had Kevin Francis I think his name was, some bloody great big 12ft 5 striker. 

It got very tasty in a pub before the match, both sets of fans were having a drink and singing songs at each other then literally 2 minutes later the pub was completely trashed. I believe Stockport 'started it' by hurling a beer glass into a group of City fans but until the police stormed in it was absolute carnage.