IGNORED

Tomas Kalas - Post Match Interview

Davefevs

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Interesting reference to playing more bravely from the back, which he seems to prefer, as do we all. As opposed to hoofing everything towards Martin as we did until recently, which nobody enjoys.

That was the reason I posted it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

To me, our performances have been so much better since Max has taken over in goal. His distribution is much better than Bents’ and allows us to play out from the back with the consequence that we are far more in control. We may have lost the tie today but it was by a long way our best performance of the season. 

Agreed. We must understand it’ll probably cost a goal or two over time though. I am fine with that personally but as a fanbase we need to stick by him when he eventually gets it wrong. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

To me, our performances have been so much better since Max has taken over in goal. His distribution is much better than Bents’ and allows us to play out from the back with the consequence that we are far more in control. We may have lost the tie today but it was by a long way our best performance of the season. 

Was watching Max closely in the warm up before Millwall. His volleyed kicks into the hands of the coach, over a long range, were phenomenally accurate.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Akira said:

Whilst I agree we've played better with Max, am I alone in not having much confidence with him being in goal? He doesn't seem to come for crosses, and doesn't seem as good a shot stopper. 

Don’t think he’s ever let us down when called upon. Safe handling today, great distribution and one world class save. I think the reason NP has played him is to properly assess him if bids come in for Bentley. I think DB is a great keeper but would have no problem putting Max in goal if we got a few quid by selling Bentley. 

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Akira said:

Whilst I agree we've played better with Max, am I alone in not having much confidence with him being in goal? He doesn't seem to come for crosses, and doesn't seem as good a shot stopper. 

The Millwall game was a prime example of that. Ball into the six yard box and he was rooted to his line 

He has done very well though 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, allyolly said:

Don’t think he’s ever let us down when called upon. Safe handling today, great distribution and one world class save. I think the reason NP has played him is to properly assess him if bids come in for Bentley. I think DB is a great keeper but would have no problem putting Max in goal if we got a few quid by selling Bentley. 

probably way off here but also puts Max in the window

I can’t see much between Bentley and O’Leary. Both capable keepers with Bentley have greater number of games under his belt. I’m not sure that the upturn in form is down to O’Leary either - that has to with both King or James being available and dictating play. They certainly both influence HNM on on off the pitch.

Im not convinced that having the captain in goal is not the best place for a captain to be either - somewhere out on the pitch gives more influence in defence or midfield.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I can’t see much between Bentley and O’Leary. Both capable keepers with Bentley have greater number of games under his belt. I’m not sure that the upturn in form is down to O’Leary either - that has to with both King or James being available and dictating play. They certainly both influence HNM on on off the pitch.

Im not convinced that having the captain in goal is not the best place for a captain to be either - somewhere out on the pitch gives more influence in defence or midfield.

You been away?

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Completely agree about Bentley and O’Leary. Bentley is a good, experienced keeper, but if we sold him I’d have no qualms about O’Leary being number 1 based on what I’ve seen of him. 

On 08/01/2022 at 17:24, chinapig said:

Interesting reference to playing more bravely from the back, which he seems to prefer, as do we all. As opposed to hoofing everything towards Martin as we did until recently, which nobody enjoys.

Interestingly, there was that article in the Post about the positive impact of playing Max and the improved playing out from the back.

And remember, Bents and Kalas are besties...

On 08/01/2022 at 17:41, Rudolf Hucker said:

Spot on.

For me it begs some questions:

1. Who’s tactic was it to hoof the ball forward at every ******* opportunity?

2. Why persist with it when it simply kept coming back?

Captain Dan or Big Nige?

Only a ******* lunatic sticks with something that doesn’t work.

Thank The Lord for Max O’Leary….

• Like 1