Jump to content
IGNORED

Tomas Kalas - Post Match Interview


Davefevs
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Interesting reference to playing more bravely from the back, which he seems to prefer, as do we all. As opposed to hoofing everything towards Martin as we did until recently, which nobody enjoys.

That was the reason I posted it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

To me, our performances have been so much better since Max has taken over in goal. His distribution is much better than Bents’ and allows us to play out from the back with the consequence that we are far more in control. We may have lost the tie today but it was by a long way our best performance of the season. 

Agreed. We must understand it’ll probably cost a goal or two over time though. I am fine with that personally but as a fanbase we need to stick by him when he eventually gets it wrong. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

To me, our performances have been so much better since Max has taken over in goal. His distribution is much better than Bents’ and allows us to play out from the back with the consequence that we are far more in control. We may have lost the tie today but it was by a long way our best performance of the season. 

Was watching Max closely in the warm up before Millwall. His volleyed kicks into the hands of the coach, over a long range, were phenomenally accurate.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Akira said:

Whilst I agree we've played better with Max, am I alone in not having much confidence with him being in goal? He doesn't seem to come for crosses, and doesn't seem as good a shot stopper. 

Don’t think he’s ever let us down when called upon. Safe handling today, great distribution and one world class save. I think the reason NP has played him is to properly assess him if bids come in for Bentley. I think DB is a great keeper but would have no problem putting Max in goal if we got a few quid by selling Bentley. 

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Akira said:

Whilst I agree we've played better with Max, am I alone in not having much confidence with him being in goal? He doesn't seem to come for crosses, and doesn't seem as good a shot stopper. 

The Millwall game was a prime example of that. Ball into the six yard box and he was rooted to his line 

He has done very well though 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, allyolly said:

Don’t think he’s ever let us down when called upon. Safe handling today, great distribution and one world class save. I think the reason NP has played him is to properly assess him if bids come in for Bentley. I think DB is a great keeper but would have no problem putting Max in goal if we got a few quid by selling Bentley. 

probably way off here but also puts Max in the window

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can’t see much between Bentley and O’Leary. Both capable keepers with Bentley have greater number of games under his belt. I’m not sure that the upturn in form is down to O’Leary either - that has to with both King or James being available and dictating play. They certainly both influence HNM on on off the pitch.

Im not convinced that having the captain in goal is not the best place for a captain to be either - somewhere out on the pitch gives more influence in defence or midfield.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I can’t see much between Bentley and O’Leary. Both capable keepers with Bentley have greater number of games under his belt. I’m not sure that the upturn in form is down to O’Leary either - that has to with both King or James being available and dictating play. They certainly both influence HNM on on off the pitch.

Im not convinced that having the captain in goal is not the best place for a captain to be either - somewhere out on the pitch gives more influence in defence or midfield.

You been away?

  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I can’t see much between Bentley and O’Leary. Both capable keepers with Bentley have greater number of games under his belt. I’m not sure that the upturn in form is down to O’Leary either - that has to with both King or James being available and dictating play. They certainly both influence HNM on on off the pitch.

Im not convinced that having the captain in goal is not the best place for a captain to be either - somewhere out on the pitch gives more influence in defence or midfield.

Completely agree about Bentley and O’Leary. Bentley is a good, experienced keeper, but if we sold him I’d have no qualms about O’Leary being number 1 based on what I’ve seen of him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/01/2022 at 17:24, chinapig said:

Interesting reference to playing more bravely from the back, which he seems to prefer, as do we all. As opposed to hoofing everything towards Martin as we did until recently, which nobody enjoys.

Interestingly, there was that article in the Post about the positive impact of playing Max and the improved playing out from the back.

And remember, Bents and Kalas are besties...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/01/2022 at 08:04, Andy082005 said:

The Millwall game was a prime example of that. Ball into the six yard box and he was rooted to his line 

He has done very well though 

You're deluding yourself if you think Bentley would have done any different..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/01/2022 at 17:41, Rudolf Hucker said:

To me, our performances have been so much better since Max has taken over in goal. His distribution is much better than Bents’ and allows us to play out from the back with the consequence that we are far more in control. We may have lost the tie today but it was by a long way our best performance of the season. 

Spot on.

For me it begs some questions:

1. Who’s tactic was it to hoof the ball forward at every ******* opportunity?

2. Why persist with it when it simply kept coming back?

Captain Dan or Big Nige?

Only a ******* lunatic sticks with something that doesn’t work.

Thank The Lord for Max O’Leary….

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

I believe RR was treated to an enforced holiday period to cool off and reflect.

Good to have him back. Just don't mention Angela Rayner.

I missed this, can you tell me what happened? 

I'd been wondering where he was...!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...