IGNORED

Millwall

They really are the most vile club around aren’t they?!

Being investigated today for two reasons. One being a bottle thrown onto the pitch at a Palace players and the other for homophobic chants at another Palace player.

Watching the Hull/Everton and it appears throwing objects onto the pitch is becoming very popular again for some stupid reason.

• Confused 2

When bottles were glass, this was really dangerous and pretty rare. When they’re plastic and empty, they’re about as dangerous as thrown cushions. I think the indignation about this is overdone - and I’m a lily livered, middle aged inoffensive virtual pacifist.

Don’t get me wrong, throwing coins or anything really dangerous is despicable. Throwing empty plastic bottles though - not so much.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

11 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Being investigated today for two reasons. One being a bottle thrown onto the pitch at a Palace players and the other for homophobic chants at another Palace player.

Watching the Hull/Everton and it appears throwing objects onto the pitch is becoming very popular again for some stupid reason.

oooohh i could crush a grape......

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I think so, yes. I mean, others do try: Leeds, Stoke, Birmingham, etc, even our mob at times! But Millwall revel in their "vileness" and would be upset if we thought any better of them. Like a naughty child it's best to ignore them where possible  (this is how to rile them. Not calling them "vile" and so on).

8 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I think so, yes. I mean, others do try: Leeds, Stoke, Birmingham, etc, even our mob at times! But Millwall revel in their "vileness" and would be upset if we thought any better of them. Like a naughty child it's best to ignore them where possible  (this is how to rile them. Not calling them "vile" and so on).

Be fair, it’s only the fans that are really trying. The club itself isn’t making the effort at all.

Always respected them, not particularly liked them. They're a proper grassroots old school football club. Every club has its idiots, they have quite a few. Envious of their atmosphere they can create at The Den.

At least when you play Millwall it feels like a proper game with something riding on it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Glass houses & all that . We have had a reputation around football in generations gone by up there with Cardiff, Birmingham , millwall. It’s a badge of honour to some , certainly not me . However we’re far from blameless . 

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Oh **** me peopleninglass houses and all that! Millwall no worse than our idiots

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Pot , kettle and black come to mind! 
It’s not just Millwall fans who throw things on the pitch….short memory??

regarding homophobic chant….it’s calling palace loanee a Chelsea rent boy. Not nice but not quite what you are trying to make it to be.

I did make reference to the Hull game as well as I know it’s not just them but it’s everything that goes along with them.

As for the homophobic chanting, does it matter what is sang? Who are you to decide what I’d offensive to others?

6 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I did make reference to the Hull game as well as I know it’s not just them but it’s everything that goes along with them.

As for the homophobic chanting, does it matter what is sang? Who are you to decide what I’d offensive to others?

Oh dear

3 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Very short memory you have - everything you’ve accused Millwall of in your post is exactly what our fans have done - bottles thrown? Very recently ... homophobic chants? You’ve obviously never been to a game where we’ve played Brighton - horrible, childish and pathetic homophobic chants - you’ve obviously fallen big time for the Millwall “no one likes us” ditty - but unfortunately we ain’t that different ...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spoons said:

Pot , kettle and black come to mind! 
It’s not just Millwall fans who throw things on the pitch….short memory??

regarding homophobic chant….it’s calling palace loanee a Chelsea rent boy. Not nice but not quite what you are trying to make it to be.

Exactly! Spurs used the same chant last week and I don’t remember it making headlines. It’s because it is Millwall, anyway they don’t care……….