IGNORED

Millwall

12 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

I understand what it's for, but it should be left to the individual choice not be told to do it, 

It is left to the individual, which is why some people kneel and other don't. The issue is actively booing people who decide they do want to support it.

For example, some of my family are religious so during Sunday meals/Xmas time, they say grace beforehand. I am not religious in the slightest so do not believe in what they are saying, but I do not boo them while they are saying it. I sit there in respectful silence until they have finished.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, East Londoner said:

The whole no one likes us we don’t care thing makes me laugh as they clearly do care 

I wish someone would start singing "We love you Millwall, we do" in reply. 

2 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Millwall fans were booing the Palace players not their own

Something about poo and Sherlock Holmes. 

On 08/01/2022 at 19:55, formerly known as ivan said:

They really are the most vile club around aren’t they?!

Being investigated today for two reasons. One being a bottle thrown onto the pitch at a Palace players and the other for homophobic chants at another Palace player.

Watching the Hull/Everton and it appears throwing objects onto the pitch is becoming very popular again for some stupid reason.

I was at the game, you missed the flare thrown onto the pitch by the palace fans and the two loud pyrotechnics let off by the palace fans..

The media only highlight what they want to highlight.

• Like 2

On 09/01/2022 at 12:42, grifty said:

It is left to the individual, which is why some people kneel and other don't. The issue is actively booing people who decide they do want to support it.

For example, some of my family are religious so during Sunday meals/Xmas time, they say grace beforehand. I am not religious in the slightest so do not believe in what they are saying, but I do not boo them while they are saying it. I sit there in respectful silence until they have finished.

Bristol City management told the players to take  to the knee, when It  first started, 

27 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

Bristol City management told the players to take  to the knee, when It  first started, 

Imagine a group of sportsmen standing together against racism and your problem is that some of them might not want to kneel down for it and they shouldn’t have to if they don’t want too… rather than caring about fighting racism…

Priorities.

28 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Why do you believe people shouldn't have the opportunity to show their support for the fight against racism? Genuinely intrigued

There are so many things that we as human beings should  be against in life.

killings, rape, stabbings, child abuse, the abuse of women, modern day slavery, killings and torture of religious folk etc etc etc.

For two years now footballers have took the knee for one single thing…. Racism ….

Has their message converted one single racist to a non racist???

Edited by Alan Dicks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

There are so many things that we as human beings should  be against in life.

killings, rape, stabbings, child abuse, the abuse of women, modern day slavery, killings and torture of religious folk etc etc etc.

For two years now footballers have took the knee for one single thing…. Racism ….

Has their message converted one single racist to a non racist???

Is that the point of it though?

Isnt this more a stand of solidarity against racism, saying that the vast majority of us find it unacceptable and we’re going to take a united stand to highlight that. 

That may not lead to anybody who is racist turning away from that, but it shows that the vast majority of us are united against it, which is surely an important message to send out in a time where so many are divided against eachother?