headhunter

2 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Max

Scott      Vyner           Kalas.       Pring

King         James

Massengo 

Weiman.           Martin.         Seymenyo

I think he may go 4 at the back to accommodate  playing Scott and 3 Up top

I would prefer Wells to play instead of Martin so we are more quick to transition from defence (Fulham will have a lot of the ball).

Means Bench has Atkinson, Wells, COD and JD who could all have been in the starting line and don’t weaken the team to much if/when they are brought on.

Bench Also shows that our squad when all fit looks pretty good. Add Williams, Tanner and Baker (if fit), Bentley shows that we really only need to add 1 or 2 max in the window.

No Bakinson?? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Agree.

I would much rather see Scott playing behind the front two, alongside James & King, but with Tanner injured & Simpson (a RB, not a RWB anyway) seemingly completely out of contention, then unless Vyner plays there, we have little choice.

I’m glad you said alongside James & King, whether you meant as a CM or not.  I think you want him in the middle of the park being able to get on the ball as much as possible.  If you play him as a 10 I think his impact is less now he’s grown into a fully fledged first teamer (he’s almost an automatic starter these days).  I think the same with Massengo too.  He finds solace better when a bit deeper, although he did play well as a 10 v QPR (a).

Im not sure we can have the luxury of a 10 v Fulham, although that’s not to say Massengo isn’t the one to get close to Seri (assuming he plays).

• Like 1

On 09/01/2022 at 10:51, eardun said:

I’d rather we played Scott (and Benarous) behind the front 2 (more natural position) rather than wing back, especially away at Fulham. With Tanner’s injury, I think the best option would be Vyner at RWB. Pring has been playing well and I think COD has done OK at LWB. I’d keep Atkinson in. I usually prefer Kalas in the middle but with two left footers in the back 3, I’d have him RCB.  I’d start with this: 

O’Leary

Kalas  Atkinson  Pring

Vyner  Massengo James  O’Dowda

Scott

Semenyo  Weimann 

Or move Massengo out wide instead of Vyner and slot King into the middle.

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m glad you said alongside James & King, whether you meant as a CM or not.  I think you want him in the middle of the park being able to get on the ball as much as possible.  If you play him as a 10 I think his impact is less now he’s grown into a fully fledged first teamer (he’s almost an automatic starter these days).  I think the same with Massengo too.  He finds solace better when a bit deeper, although he did play well as a 10 v QPR (a).

Im not sure we can have the luxury of a 10 v Fulham, although that’s not to say Massengo isn’t the one to get close to Seri (assuming he plays).

Agree, I’ve just begun to think that one of the ways to get a result against better sides than us is not simply to defend but be far more efficient (a Nige word) at retention of possession, something Scott is excellent at, due to his technique & accurate passing.

HNM is all energy but does have a tendency to follow the ball & leave gaps which although James & King are experienced, they won’t always be able to fill.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Agree, I’ve just begun to think that one of the ways to get a result against better sides than us is not simply to defend but be far more efficient (a Nige word) at retention of possession, something Scott is excellent at, due to his technique & accurate passing.

HNM is all energy but does have a tendency to follow the ball & leave gaps which although James & King are experienced, they won’t always be able to fill.

I guess the main thing is that you can perm 13/14 into 11 and have what looks like a v.decent starting line-up.

Bench will be interesting too….back to 7 subs and James, maybe Bakinson to come back in.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Seri away with Ivory Coast so one less top player to worry about