IGNORED

Conways Missed chances.

BCFC1512

13 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Thought Wells had a good game yesterday. IIRC he was subbed just as extra time started - slightly odd because we’d just had the break and he was still kitted up and on the pitch just to be subbed before ET started, so perhaps it was cramp.

As for Conway, 2 decent chances for him, but credit for the run and I do think the keeper got out well (and may even have got a hand to it). The second was more of a snap shot and again IIRC he was being pulled about by the defender. Good to see him getting in good positions and getting chances, so it’s a shame but I won’t be getting overly worked up about him not scoring. 

Easy to say watching it but he should of scored the second chance 

On the first chance where he hit the side netting it was just that second touch which got away from him, bugger! His first touch around the keeper was good, and all he needed to do then was slot it home.

Fine margins for the lad, but I thought he looked threatening.

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Conway looks a very good finisher imo so for me it's about if he can get those chances. He had 2 yesterday and 1st was very unlucky with the goalkeeper touch. Did everything right and would have passed it into an open goal if the keeper hadn't done so well to get a touch. That's how it appeared to me but didn't have the best view watching on my mobile phone.

The keeper didn’t touch it. Conway did the right thing in going around the keeper with his first touch, but then his second touch just kicked the ball further wide.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Conway looks a very good finisher imo so for me it's about if he can get those chances. He had 2 yesterday and 1st was very unlucky with the goalkeeper touch. Did everything right and would have passed it into an open goal if the keeper hadn't done so well to get a touch. That's how it appeared to me but didn't have the best view watching on my mobile phone.

So far, it does look like he has the “knack” of right place, right time doesn’t it? I’m really looking forward to seeing him develop. 

33 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Did he?

For me 100%. Haven’t seen the highlights. Couldn’t see it live but got a nice zoomed in replay at the game and looked 100% to me and mates said the same. Good enough for me. Anyway, touch or not, keeper done plenty to not put it on Conway imo. Just good keeping. 

Also his one professional goal was taken around the keeper nicely so something he seems quite comfortable with so giving him the benefit of doubt too. 

18 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Conway is more clinical then Britton, Britton scores the amount he does at U23's level because of how many more shots he takes then other players

Louis had a good spell against Brentford when coming on as a sub laid out two of their players scored a goal has never been given a chance since perhaps his face dont fit  hope hes not one that got away .

• Like 1

I've looked at the chances a few times, and I think he was a little unlucky.
The shot, he looks like he's pulled back and it just stops him getting a clean strike.
Vs the keeper, there is a 2nd touch which takes it wide. I think the keeper gets some of the ball making that touch firmer and go wide.

As for X or Y would have scored. Conway is technically better than both Wells and Britton IMO, he dribbles better than both and is quicker than Britton. Impossible to say one or both ,would or wouldn't score but I will say, I think Conway has everything to be a very good player. Not convinced with Britton, I'd like him to get some games to see if he can continue his scoring knack. He does get a lot of chances in the U23s, and the step up is massive. Hopefully we get some wins which allow us to relax and give him a chance. I thought Wells had a decent game, didn't see him go down with cramp, but after not playing many minutes the change made sense to me anyway.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Louis had a good spell against Brentford when coming on as a sub laid out two of their players scored a goal has never been given a chance since perhaps his face dont fit  hope hes not one that got away .

He scored but it was appalling from Brentford at the set piece, how he was given that much space was ridiculously bad. Yes he did well in general play for that short spell but he’s also competing with young strikers who probably have more to their all round game. No Conway and Bell and he probably gets more squad appearances at least. 

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

He scored but it was appalling from Brentford at the set piece, how he was given that much space was ridiculously bad. Yes he did well in general play for that short spell but he’s also competing with young strikers who probably have more to their all round game. No Conway and Bell and he probably gets more squad appearances at least. 

I might be wrong still time on their side but not too impressed with either at moment .

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Weimann - honestly Super, get yerself down to a game or two - your opinions would probably change - you can’t beat watching it live!

But he misses quite a few and scores the more difficult ones. We don't have a natural finisher.

I actually don't think Wells would have even been in position for those chances that Conway had. He worked hard to get into their spaces and I don't see Wells do that enough. 

Conway looked a danger when he came on and those are the types of players I want in our team, think he could be really well suited to being a super-sub to cause hassle off the bench.

Wells played okay but he doesn't seem like one to take the game to the opponent, goes missing a lot. Mind you, if a chance was to fall to someone in the box right now out of all our strikers i'd prefer it fall to Wells. We are just a bit weak up front right now.

• Like 1