IGNORED

AFCON

Lanterne Rouge

56 minutes ago, Henry said:

I think Fam is very lucky to be getting all the congratulations from City fans (and the club) when he effectively downed tools for 6 months last year.

I think it's because aside from the last few months of his career here, he was a 100%er. Might not have had the best touch, or have been the quickest player, but very often left everything out there. Didn't he win POTS the summer before?

Had we gone down last season, I don't think he'd be getting the same respect but we didn't. His goals in games last season actually won us quite a few points. Late ones against Wycombe, Derby and Blackburn certainly getting us 9 points.

Half the team those final few months didn't seem like they were trying & with their contracts running out it didn't surprise me much. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I think it's because aside from the last few months of his career here, he was a 100%er. Might not have had the best touch, or have been the quickest player, but very often left everything out there. Didn't he win POTS the summer before?

Had we gone down last season, I don't think he'd be getting the same respect but we didn't. His goals in games last season actually won us quite a few points. Late ones against Wycombe, Derby and Blackburn certainly getting us 9 points.

Half the team those final few months didn't seem like they were trying & with their contracts running out it didn't surprise me much. 

I have to disagree on him being 100%er and leaving everything out there. He was often the weak link in our pressing game. I seem to remember he had a good January last season then dropped out once the window shut.

I don’t miss the bloke any harm, but if he didn’t ‘come from Knowle’ I think fans would remember him differently.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Henry said:

I have to disagree on him being 100%er and leaving everything out there. He was often the weak link in our pressing game. I seem to remember he had a good January last season then dropped out once the window shut.

I don’t miss the bloke any harm, but if he didn’t ‘come from Knowle’ I think fans would remember him differently.

Yeah wasn't great at pressing, but think a lot of that was down to mobility. Still feel like he often put his all in.  Agree to disagree I suppose. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Super said:

Yes but like tonight it may not reach them.

Over the long term I think it might be a good strategy to adopt, depending on how much it improves your chances of getting 5 out of 5 and 4 out of 5. Especially if it's 4-4 or 4-5 against and you have one left to take. If you're missing 2 from 5 (assuming say Salah went first and scored), you probably still aren't winning, although there is maybe more pressure on the oppositions later takers.

The result was probably down to a butterfly flapping it's wings in South America anyway, and I'm glad Egypt didn't win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Yeah wasn't great at pressing, but think a lot of that was down to mobility. Still feel like he often put his all in.  Agree to disagree I suppose. 

I agree with Henry that regardless of what went before, it left a bitter taste with me with how Fam took the piss for the last 6 months.

That said, I’d put money on us not shipping so many goals if he was here currently and actually trying.  

Not really what a striker’s for, but we’ve massively missed his presence when helping out the defence and we definitely didn’t see the opposition getting free headers on so many high balls into the box from dead ball situations.

1 hour ago, BrizzleRed said:

I agree with Henry that regardless of what went before, it left a bitter taste with me with how Fam took the piss for the last 6 months.

That said, I’d put money on us not shipping so many goals if he was here currently and actually trying.  

Not really what a striker’s for, but we’ve massively missed his presence when helping out the defence and we definitely didn’t see the opposition getting free headers on so many high balls into the box from dead ball situations.

Yep definitely have missed that. He cleared one away from a corner with his head in the semi final & I was thinking we’ve missed that a lot this year. Was very good at it.