IGNORED

AFCON

Lanterne Rouge

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

Reminds me of Portugal winning the Euros playing shit football. 

But?........Senegal won it playing excellent football

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Makes me laugh all the losing players crying.........they earn a fortune playing sport,  and have the best pheckin lifestyle, get over it   Ha!!

Blimey there are a lot of confused people out there?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

But?........Senegal won it playing excellent football

Blimey there are a lot of confused people out there?

Haha yeah I just meant somehow getting through a tournament whilst looking very poor attacking wise. Shows all styles have their place still. 

IIRC the Portuguese finished 3rd in their group & only won one game in normal time. 

Fair play to Senegal. Really happy for big Fam.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Why do teams leave the best takers till the end? Crazy.

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

Yeah crazy that Senegal did just that and won because of it ?

There was analysis done a few years ago that suggested the later, higher pressure pens benefitted from the best players taking them, as they were more likely to be crucial. The obvious retort is ‘if they take them’. Perhaps the solution is somewhere in the middle? 

• Like 1

Egypt are so bad, apart from their keeper I am so glad that Mane slotted that second one in the shoot out. Under pressure Salah should have stepped up earlier though, all well and good taking the winning kick but not if it doesn’t make it to you. 

People saying Senegal did the same thing but Senegal have far better players and I know it’s only penalties but quality shows when it’s fine margins like that.

22 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Christ you're weird.

To give u some perspective into my weirdness, I have had some upsetting news about a family member.  So while i appreciate the stress and emotion involved in a high pressure sporting event, it occurred to while watching all these players blubbing........that they earn a fortune doing one of the best jobs in the world, they have beautiful houses, probably beautiful wives and yet they worry about a defeat so much that cry their eyes out.  I completely understand their disappointment, but when they wake up tomorrow, i am certain it won't seem too bad.  It's a football match....and tomorrow there will be another football match........?   PS.  I have also had a drink, which no doubt lubricates my judgement?

• Like 3