IGNORED

Eddie Nketiah

Denbury Red

16 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

Just watched his inept display for a very poor Arsenal..

Apparenly he may be on his way out of Arsenal, but on this performance he hasn’t done anything to enhance his transfer fee.

Very similar to Bamford - couldn’t hit the target to save his life and looked very very average!

Scored a hat trick the other week, can't be too bad.

28 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Keinan Davis looked equally poor for Forest. Grabban did more in five minutes than he did all game. I guess he hasn't played much recently to be fair. 

Davis, did what I expected, played well back to goal, held it up, had some nice touches, but didn’t really look like scoring.  I did have a cat-nap around h-t (I’m getting to that age) though!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

See Tammy has kicked on and is enjoying a period of great form in Italy.

Yep. I wonder where he will end up long term. Probably not good enough for the top prem league clubs but can see him at Arsenal.

47 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Saw him doing his arrogant goal celebrations after scoring those goals. Not much humility for a guy who spends most of his career on the bench

Come on now. He's a kid scoring a hat trick in professional football.. Maybe.. just guessing here.. scoring a hat trick in professional football in front of tens of thousands of people made him feel... 'good' about himself???

17 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Anyone thinking Nketia wouldn't be a massive for us is mental. 

Unfortunately way too good for us. 

This. Very much. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, the1stknowle said:

Come on now. He's a kid scoring a hat trick in professional football.. Maybe.. just guessing here.. scoring a hat trick in professional football in front of tens of thousands of people made him feel... 'good' about himself???

This. Very much. 

I dunno. I don't have much respect for someone who's happy to sit on the bench while picking up in one week what most people earn in 1-2 years

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

I dunno. I don't have much respect for someone who's happy to sit on the bench while picking up in one week what most people earn in 1-2 years

He's been asking to leave hasn't he? Been a long running saga with Arsenal wanting to keep him, but him asking to leave if he's not going to play. 

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

He's 22. Hardly Winston Bogarde or Danny Drinkwater. Hes gone through the Arsenal academy - done really well at youth level. Its perfectly reasonable he wants to try his best and make an Arsenal career. Thats probably the dream he has had for the last decade.

And he could easily sign a new contract that will make him very rich to probably sit on the bench. But hes decided not to do that. I just don't understand this take on him - aside from him turning us down. He's a very promising English striker who, given a proper run in a team (at prem level), has a real chance. 

Genuine question - if he was your kid, how would you have advised him differently in last few years? In retrospect coming to us rather than staying at Arsenal? Maybe - but in the moment the ambitious thing to do was 1. Leeds and then 2. Turn us down a second time to get the shot he was obviously told he was going to get at Arsenal. 

I like him as a player. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

He's 22. Hardly Winston Bogarde or Danny Drinkwater. Hes gone through the Arsenal academy - done really well at youth level. Its perfectly reasonable he wants to try his best and make an Arsenal career. Thats probably the dream he has had for the last decade.

And he could easily sign a new contract that will make him very rich to probably sit on the bench. But hes decided not to do that. I just don't understand this take on him - aside from him turning us down. He's a very promising English striker who, given a proper run in a team (at prem level), has a real chance. 

Genuine question - if he was your kid, how would you have advised him differently in last few years? In retrospect coming to us rather than staying at Arsenal? Maybe - but in the moment the ambitious thing to do was 1. Leeds and then 2. Turn us down a second time to get the shot he was obviously told he was going to get at Arsenal. 

I like him as a player

So do I, and that's why I think he's wasted at Arsenal. I would have advised him to move to another Championship side on loan, in the same way that Tammy Abraham did. I still don't think he's ready for Premier League football. Obviously I don't know what's happening behind the scenes, and if he has been looking for a move, then I stand corrected.

That was one of the most pathetic inept performances i have seen from an Arsenal team in a long time...........they had quite a few players missing, but even so?  Nlketia is a poser and a waste of space, he is one of those strikers who will somehow make a living drifting from club to club, and never really cutting it.  He reminds me so much of Bendtner, who always thought he was much better, than he actually was??   Arsenal should bin him ASAP.  

As for The Diva ......Tavares throwing down his Gloves?? and storming off.........yet another Arsenal poser, who should be left on the bench.

Arsenal have always been my second team, ever since i lived in North London during the days of Henry and  Viera.............but these days they lack character  and consistency and have become a very frustrating team to watch...considering some of the great players they have like Smith Rowe and Saka?

• Like 1

Just now, maxjak said:

That was one of the most pathetic inept performances i have seen from an Arsenal team in a long time...........they had quite a few players missing, but even so?  Nlketia is a poser and a waste of space, he is one of those strikers who will somehow make a living drifting from club to club, and never really cutting it.  He reminds me so much of Bendtner, who always thought he was much better, than he actually was??   Arsenal should bin him ASAP.  

As for The Diva ......Tavares throwing down his Gloves?? and storming off.........yet another Arsenal poser, who should be left on the bench.

Arsenal have always been my second team, ever since i lived in North London during the days of Henry and  Viera.............but these days they lack character  and consistency and have become a very frustrating team to watch...considering some of the great players they have like Smith Rowe and Saka?

A footballer throwing down his gloves. Is there anything more pathetic?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

Just watched his inept display for a very poor Arsenal..

Apparenly he may be on his way out of Arsenal, but on this performance he hasn’t done anything to enhance his transfer fee.

Very similar to Bamford - couldn’t hit the target to save his life and looked very very average!

Quite harsh on Bamford who has done well the last few seasons. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I watched a drab FA Cup tie between two clubs who will never be among my favourite Non BCFC clubs. A game then where I wanted neither side to win!

At least Forest tried to attack but Arsenal were pathetic!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, maxjak said:

I agree in the most part, although this season Arsenal have improved a lot and have some great young players coming through, I can see them being close to 4th along with Spurs, West Ham and Man U.  Arsenal are my 2nd team I guess, my first football shirt was an Arsenal one for some reason, have a picture of me in it when I’m about 8 circa 86 when they weren’t even very good!

Edited by Tinmans Love Child

16 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Quite harsh on Bamford who has done well the last few seasons. 

17 goals in 38 games last season in the World's toughest league. I'd say that he has done exceptionally well.

......and an England cap

Edited by RedLionLad
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I agree in the most part, although this season Arsenal have improved a lot and have some great young players coming through, I can see them being close to 4th along with Spurs, West Ham and Man U.  Arsenal are my 2nd team I guess, my first football shirt was an Arsenal one for some reason, have a picture of me in it when I’m about 8 circa 86 when they weren’t even very good!

Kool.........Yep Arsenal will always be my second sporting love after my home town club..... City.   I think they can definitely get 4th behind  Man C, L'pool and Chelsea.........and of course i'll be happy if they finish above Rotspurs.......Go u Gooners!     

• Like 1