IGNORED

why do we go to away games,and thats all we do?

Never to the dark side

Is this a puzzle? I do like a puzzle. The question must be, what has the thread title got to do with the link, or football, or Bristol City? 

Absolutely nothing as far as I can see.

The link is to a gallery selling black and white photos of the Beatles in the 1960s, some of them featuring Marylebone Station.

Well done John. You have surpassed yourself.

Do we get more clues as time goes on?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Is this a puzzle? I do like a puzzle. The question must be, what has the thread title got to do with the link, or football, or Bristol City? 

The link is to a gallery selling black and white photos of the Beatles in the 1960s, some of them featuring Marylebone Station.

Bristol City were John Lennon's second team?

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

So I think NTTDS is asking the quite reasonable question: why do fans go to all the effort to travel for an away game, but then only go to a football match. Why don't they take the opportunity to explore some of the locale's other cultural offerings (assuming we cannot class sinking 4 pints of Carling in a Wetherspoon's as a 'cultural activity')?

He's then helpfully provided one intriguing cultural diversion for those travelling to the Capital at the weekend. This comes in the form of a no doubt delightful art gallery that can be reached from Paddington with a 30 minute stroll through Marble Arch and Grosvenor Square. 

NTTDS then closes his post with a light-hearted trivia question. This is related to the art gallery as it advertises several arty shots of members of the popular musical troupe 'The Beatles'. It is not related to Bristol City.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

So I think NTTDS is asking the quite reasonable question: why do fans go to all the effort to travel for an away game, but then only go to a football match. Why don't they take the opportunity to explore some of the locale's other cultural offerings (assuming we cannot class sinking 4 pints of Carling in a Wetherspoon's as a 'cultural activity')?

He's then helpfully provided one intriguing cultural diversion for those travelling to the Capital at the weekend. This comes in the form of a no doubt delightful art gallery that can be reached from Paddington with a 30 minute stroll through Marble Arch and Grosvenor Square. 

NTTDS then closes his post with a light-hearted trivia question. This is related to the art gallery as it advertises several arty shots of members of the popular musical troupe 'The Beatles'. It is not related to Bristol City.

Thank you. I can see that now that you’ve explained it. If only he had!

Personally, I had tickets for Cabaret on Friday night (like hens teeth) but am now stuck at home with Covid …

The Beatles left Marleybone Station to travel to the West Country to record scenes for their new film. The exhibition of photographs taken prior to the Beatles departure from Marleybone station is open now in London at he link provided by NTTDS. For anyone not interested in downing pints at Wetherspoons it is a worthwhile cultural alternative.

The football link is that during the scene at Crowcombe, Paul Mcartney asks, "Can we have our ball back ?"

Do I win a prize ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Leveller said:

Thank you. I can see that now that you’ve explained it. If only he had!

Personally, I had tickets for Cabaret on Friday night (like hens teeth) but am now stuck at home with Covid …

I've had a stab. I could be wrong.

I do not know exactly what Cabaret is, but assume it is a theatre show. I feel your pain. Good theatre is one of the things I miss the most since leaving the UK.

18 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I've had a stab. I could be wrong.

I do not know exactly what Cabaret is, but assume it is a theatre show. I feel your pain. Good theatre is one of the things I miss the most since leaving the UK.

Yep. The musical that the Liza Minnelli film was based on. Revived currently in the West End with Eddie Redmayne as one of the leads. Great reviews.