IGNORED

City fan gets Forest Green ticket refunded after Independent Football Ombudsman ruling

shahanshahan

Pathetic. I was at the back near the centre at FG minutes before the game started without a view, and simply pushed my way through the back couple of rows where there was loads of room in front. 

Said fan would have wet himself at the Forest league cup semi final in 1988, just for example.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

20 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Pathetic. I was at the back near the centre at FG minutes before the game started without a view, and simply pushed my way through the back couple of rows where there was loads of room in front. 

Said fan would have wet himself at the Forest league cup semi final in 1988, just for example.

Quite a few people around me couldn’t see and many said so on social media at the time. I could see no space whatsoever for these people to stand.  Maybe there was a bit of a space where you were but I couldn’t see it and neither could the people near me who gave up and left.

If we/they couldn’t see the space then they couldn’t see the space. To call someone pathetic for that is bizarre 

Edited by And Its Smith
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Quite a few people around me couldn’t see and many said so on social media at the time. I could see no space whatsoever for these people to stand.  Maybe there was a bit of a space where you were but I couldn’t see it and neither could the people near me who gave up and left.

If we/they couldn’t see the space then they couldn’t see the space. To call someone pathetic for that is bizarre 

Pathetic yes I’m afraid. As I said I just pushed through a few people to find somewhere to stand with a view, listening to a small number of whingers whinging to stewards as I did so.

Today’s H&S standards dictate there will always be plenty of space on terraces, but in today’s world it seems some people have been conditioned to think that somebody else, in this case a steward, should sort their little difficulty, and somebody else, in this case FGR, are to blame rather than their own inability to show a bit of initiative. 

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, NickJ said:

Pathetic yes I’m afraid. As I said I just pushed through a few people to find somewhere to stand with a view, listening to a small number of whingers whinging to stewards as I did so.

Today’s H&S standards dictate there will always be plenty of space on terraces, but in today’s world it seems some people have been conditioned to think that somebody else, in this case a steward, should sort their little difficulty, and somebody else, in this case FGR, are to blame rather than their own inability to show a bit of initiative. 

Isn’t it the steward’s job to sort out this kind of problem?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, NickJ said:

There were no spaces to be had from what I saw. Good trolling though 

22 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

There were no spaces to be had from what I saw. Good trolling though 

I can see @NickJ's point, with the H&S rules nowadays it would be virtually impossible to overfill a terrace to the point where nobody can see, so any issues were probably caused by people massing in the wrong places and leaving other areas relatively free.

On the other hand, you cannot really blame anyone for not 'just pushing their way through' - it's not 30+ years ago any more, people don't really understand how a packed terrace works any more and it was the old 'terrace protocol' and such attitudes that indirectly caused a lot of problems in the past. It was an amazingly exciting experience, being crammed onto an overfilled terrace, not being able to touch the ground some of the time and essesntially being at the mercy of the crowd as to where your movements took you, but it's not something that could have been allowed to continue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

I can see @NickJ's point, with the H&S rules nowadays it would be virtually impossible to overfill a terrace to the point where nobody can see, so any issues were probably caused by people massing in the wrong places and leaving other areas relatively free.

On the other hand, you cannot really blame anyone for not 'just pushing their way through' - it's not 30+ years ago any more, people don't really understand how a packed terrace works any more and it was the old 'terrace protocol' and such attitudes that indirectly caused a lot of problems in the past. It was an amazingly exciting experience, being crammed onto an overfilled terrace, not being able to touch the ground some of the time and essesntially being at the mercy of the crowd as to where your movements took you, but it's not something that could have been allowed to continue.

I’m not talking about health and safety. I am talking about simply not being able to see. There were 6-7 near me and we were nearly one of them.  

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

I’m not talking about health and safety. I am talking about simply not being able to see. There were 6-7 near me and we were nearly one of them.  

I have no doubt, but I also have no doubt that there would have been spaces *somewhere* where people could have seen.

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

But if these spaces cannot be seen then is it ‘pathetic’ to not go and stand in them?

I didn't call anyone pathetic, I said you couldn't blame anyone for not pushing through.

Having said that, I'm not sure I'd have sued to get my ticket money back, that does seem a bit crap to me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NickJ said:

If you pushed through other people to find a view, then the people behind you obviously did not have a view.

The fact you ensured some other City fans couldn’t see, instead of you, doesn’t change the fact other City fans couldn’t see. There might have been elderly people, people who could not stand without leaning against something or people who have health conditions that make it difficult to push through crowds there but that’s fine. You pushed past them and made sure you were blocking their view rather than them blocking yours. 

It seems a bit rich to come onto a forum declaring “I’m all right, Jack, so screw everyone else” and then criticise how others have been “conditioned”. If you want to criticise someone’s mentality, perhaps invest in a mirror?

• Like 17

On a tangent but does anyone seriously believe Dale Vince’s statement that we didn’t sell out our allocation?

One of the first away games (the first?) since crowds were allowed back, literally just up the road, it seems a load of bollocks to me.

D386F28A-39C9-4F3F-A071-0338DC5473E7.thumb.jpeg.4c8420c79069f65d49f527bef4cd73a3.jpegWe got in the ground early as their was literally nothing to do. Just as well really as it took us 20 odd minutes get through the couple of turnstiles they had open. The problem FGR created is IMO the bottom of the small terraced stand they wouldn’t let anyone stand there. So you had a gap so the stewards could walk along. If they allowed people in that area the people at the back would of been able to see . I asked the steward if my son could stand at the very front but he just said no and walked off. It was a shambles and the quicker they move to their new ground the better. Awful ground awful location 

Edited by Red Army 75

• Admin
2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

On a tangent but does anyone seriously believe Dale Vince’s statement that we didn’t sell out our allocation?

One of the first away games (the first?) since crowds were allowed back, literally just up the road, it seems a load of bollocks to me.

add to that it mentions we returned some tickets

My only surprise is this supporter did this off their own back, and never reached out for others to join the appeal - would surely have had more weight behind it with more people affected. Of  course the other thing if this happened to me I would have gone straight to the SC&T for advice etc

• Like 1

On 11/01/2022 at 07:58, LondonBristolian said:

If you pushed through other people to find a view, then the people behind you obviously did not have a view.

The fact you ensured some other City fans couldn’t see, instead of you, doesn’t change the fact other City fans couldn’t see. There might have been elderly people, people who could not stand without leaning against something or people who have health conditions that make it difficult to push through crowds there but that’s fine. You pushed past them and made sure you were blocking their view rather than them blocking yours. 

It seems a bit rich to come onto a forum declaring “I’m all right, Jack, so screw everyone else” and then criticise how others have been “conditioned”. If you want to criticise someone’s mentality, perhaps invest in a mirror?

Nice little attempt to discredit speech that - except your comments are misleading.

By pushing I don’t mean in the literal sense, but anyway, having got through the back couple of rows I moved forwards to the rows in front and  thereby - this is how terracing works - occupied lower rows. So no ones view was compromised and no “I’m alright Jackery”.

Yes the stewards were clueless but equally the small number of fans I saw moaning were lacking in initiative and BTW were not elderly or with noticeable health issues. 

The days of packed terraces are in the distant past but it is impossible under today’s crowd restrictions to be unable to get a good view with plenty of space. 

In the days of terrace capacities of probably at least twice what they are now, where frequently it genuinely was difficult to get a good view, I nevertheless don’t think I ever came across anyone who would have even contemplated giving up on finding somewhere to stand, you just got on with it and found the best you could. 

• Confused 2