IGNORED

Six years ago today we lost David Bowie

Lanterne Rouge

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

And I still miss him.

I couldn’t really listen to his music for a couple years after. Now after the break from his music I’m really enjoying listening to his stuff again.

The other day I was listening to Moonage Daydream and thought I’d listen to some of the covers of it from over the years. I stopped once I’d listened to about the 50th version.

What an influential person he was. 

• Like 1

Bowie wrote a song called ‘all the madman’ It was on one of his early albums, The man who sold the world.  I was undergoing my psychiatric nurse training at the time and we all thought it was a brilliant song. We didn’t realise back then that he’d had a half brother with mental health issues

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Bowie wrote a song called ‘all the madman’ It was on one of his early albums, The man who sold the world.  I was undergoing my psychiatric nurse training at the time and we all thought it was a brilliant song. We didn’t realise back then that he’d had a half brother with mental health issues

Uncanny, just played it now …:yawn:second track on The Man who sold the world …

Edited by Slippin cider

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

Where does the time go. Saw him live twice. Just brilliant 

Four times for me and managed to see him at all the `major` stages of his career. Ziggy Stardust tour, Serious Moonlight tour, Glass Spider tour and one I can`t recall the name of but it was the time of `Fashion`, `Heroes`, `Boys Keep Swinging` - might have been called the Lodger tour or something like that.

15 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Four times for me and managed to see him at all the `major` stages of his career. Ziggy Stardust tour, Serious Moonlight tour, Glass Spider tour and one I can`t recall the name of but it was the time of `Fashion`, `Heroes`, `Boys Keep Swinging` - might have been called the Lodger tour or something like that.

Saw him in the Colston on his Ziggy Stardust tour and again in Adelaide on his Stage tour

26 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Taunton Odeon for me. Tickets were about a quid I think.

Those were the days!

Yep, I paid circa £1 at the Colston for front row of the choir seats. He did 2 shows that day. One as a matinee and the evening one we were at.

• Like 2

On 11/01/2022 at 20:13, Lanterne Rouge said:

Saw him on the Ziggy tour, Taunton Odeon, June 73, my first gig

• Like 1

On 11/01/2022 at 16:59, TomF said:

Also been 21 years since we lost George.

My favourite ever piece of live music footage. Prince's solo is just insane. Apparently it was unrehearsed and the rest of them had no idea what he was going to do. Dhani Harrison was loving it! Priceless.

Edited by City Rocker
  • Like 1
  • Flames 2

18 hours ago, City Rocker said:

My favourite ever piece of live music footage. Prince's solo is just insane. Apparently it was unrehearsed and the rest of them had no idea what he was going to do. Dhani Harrison was loving it! Priceless.

Not seen that before …THAT is absolutely magnificent! ….love it! …Extraordinary! 

• Like 1

On 13/01/2022 at 19:30, City Rocker said:

But when Prince throws his guitar in the air at the end, where does it go?

• Like 1

There's no denying the talents of the legend that is Prince, but that doesn't mean we don't still get blown away by stories of his musical exploits.

Arguably one of his most impressive feats was that he sang every single part, and played all 27 instruments you can hear in his debut album For You.

The album was released in 1978, when Prince was at the tender age of 20.

For all the music heads out there, he is credited with: ‘all vocals’, not forgetting ‘deep breaths’, as well as ‘electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass, bass synth, singing bass, Fuzz bass, electric piano, acoustic piano, mini-Moog, poly-Moog, Arp string ensemble, Arp Pro Soloist, Oberheim four-voice, clavinet, drums, syndrums, water drums, slapsticks, bongos, congas, finger cymbals, wind chimes, orchestral bells, woodblocks, brush trap, tree bell, hand claps and finger snaps’.

I don't even know what half of those instruments are. ?

• Like 1