IGNORED

lets stop playing out from the back,and play hoof ball instead.

Never to the dark side

10 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

If I want to be entertainment.I'll go and my favourite music band.

Now this is worth a thread on its own. What, perchance might NTTDS' favourite band be?

'Grand Funk Railroad' is probably the right age bracket but they had few hits this side of the pond. Perchance early 80s guitar band 'Daniel Takes A Train'? If so NTTDS' they've reformed and you're in luck. One founding member is a neighbour of mine so I'm sure you'll be good for a backstage pass.....

10 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

The performances in the the last four games(one win and three defeats) have been better.

As a fan I  ain't in the entertainment business when going to watch my team,I am there to watch them beat the opposition

If we play hoof ball from our keeper,the ball is then half way up the pitch.

Its then a fifty fifty chance of the ball going towards the oppositions goal

Hoof ball every time over entertainment any day.

See all you hoardes at Fulham on Saturday

How is it a 50/50 chance? If it doesn't make it to one of our players then it's coming straight back

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Now this is worth a thread on its own. What, perchance might NTTDS' favourite band be?

'Grand Funk Railroad' is probably the right age bracket but they had few hits this side of the pond. Perchance early 80s guitar band 'Daniel Takes A Train'? If so NTTDS' they've reformed and you're in luck. One founding member is a neighbour of mine so I'm sure you'll be good for a backstage pass.....

After scrolling through my vast memorized archive of appropriate band names, I came up with... Train.

Edited by Final 3 Star

11 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

The performances in the the last four games(one win and three defeats) have been better.

As a fan I  ain't in the entertainment business when going to watch my team,I am there to watch them beat the opposition

Utter bollocks 

14 minutes ago, TBW said:

If we're going to hoof it up the pitch we should do it like they do in rugby and hoof it our for a throw by their corner flag, then just mark every player up in the corner to win possession from the throw. Why not eh?

Get Kalas to launch his throws high then get two of our lads to “lift” Martin up line out style and head it in from 10ft up in the air

12 hours ago, Monkeh said:

No team should have a set way of playing,

It needs to be fluid in order to suit the conditions and situation,

There are time when lumping is needed and there are times when calm passing and possession retention is needed

Although I agree in a way with your general tone, in other words, play smart, a few things. When are the conditions bad nowadays on a Championship pitch? They are like bowling greens. The weather, always best to keep it on the deck when it’s windy & then it’s zippy (is that a word?) in the rain. Also, does that mean we play without one of the latest buzz words, ‘ identity ‘? Really, we just need to be really good at what we do! COYR 

@Never to the dark side You're entitled to your opinion, but mine is the opposite.  I would rather watch entertaining football than win at any cost.  Hopefully, it would be winning entertaining football played by youngsters from our academy, but I would probably stop going if say Pulis came back and implemented style of play.  

My concern, until recent games, has been the style of football we have been playing.  Now we have young commited players that are playing with bravery and expressing themselves.  Results will come I'm sure.  That'll do me. 

• Like 1

On 12/01/2022 at 07:07, Never to the dark side said:

I'm sure that Nige would gladly go along with this John, but Jamal Matt and Michael Smith aren't returning his calls.

• Haha 1

On 12/01/2022 at 07:07, Never to the dark side said:

Thanks Dan - you just keep concentrating on you keeping skills.

On 12/01/2022 at 01:07, Never to the dark side said:

Oh so many whooshes so little time!

Edited by REDOXO